PDA

View Full Version : Have sweat stains on plastic interior?

Aslan
07-01-2004, 09:04 PM
I was at the races last year (Bristol TN, it was hot!). Anyway, I purchased some of those Old Spice anitperspirant wipes. I was in my brothers Nissan Frontier, whiping down my dirty face.

While I was holding the wipe, I noticed a spot on his console, so I whiped at it with the wipe. Much to my supprise, it cleaned it! It was the typical gunky crud that gets built up from leaving your arm in a certain spot for a while.

Anyways, I got out a clean wipe, and done the whole console. It looked great, then I went over it with a cheap armorall sponge packet he had in his truck.

When I got home, I tried it on my trucks steering wheel and armrest. I`ve been using it eversince. It smells good too. Just make sure to follow up with a coat of somekind of protectant/dressing. I haven`t ever let it set long enough to see if any harm is done, but I`m not gonna take that chance.

LOTA OT
07-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Uhm, OK!?!? This is a joke right?

If not, Old Spice Anitperspirant wipes has got to be one of the wierdest product recommendations I`ve heard hear in the past few years!!! I suspect it`s just the alcohol in the wipes doing the cleaning, which in itself probably isn`t that good for interior plastics, but I can`t imagine what other stuff it`s leaving behind.

There are better, probably safe and cheaper products to use. If you use the wipes for their intended purpose, maybe there wouldn`t be sweat stains to remove (j/k).

Michael

General Lee
07-02-2004, 04:54 AM
:rofl

togwt
07-02-2004, 07:04 AM
Quote. If not, Old Spice Antiperspirant wipes has got to be one of the weirdest product recommendations I`ve heard hear in the past few years!!!

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

I think I can beat the ‘weirdest product recommendations’ a contributor on a Mercedes forum recommended ‘Kaboom’ a toilet cleaner for use on MBs (he was serious, or was it seriously deranged…anyway)

As for the deodorant, it’s the solvent content that’s cleaning the vinyl

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *