PDA

View Full Version : Just got the 7424 Bonus Kit from Coastal...what pads????

Pages : [1] 2

Young_Stallion
07-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Just ordered my 7424 Bonus Kit from Coastal Tool.

Now I need to know what pads I should buy to be FULLY ARMED. I am planning on using

There are so many that do so many things. Which should I buy and from where? If I can get them locally in Toronto it would be best..if not, its ok.

MattZ28
07-01-2004, 12:27 PM
http://www.properautocare.com/padkitwoveba.html

Get an extra polishing pad and maybe another cutting pad too :up

Young_Stallion
07-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Will these work with the Velcro Backing plate that comes in the 7424 Bonus kit? I though it recomended 6.5-8" pads.

I will buy a few of every pad recomended so I can keep them on hand. I just need to know which types I need.

Young_Stallion
07-01-2004, 12:32 PM
If i understand correct I will be fine with the just basic yellow, white and grey pads - 6.5" with velcro on the back.

Do I want flat ones, curved one`s, etc???

Glossequation
07-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Young_Stallion

If i understand correct I will be fine with the just basic yellow, white and grey pads - 6.5" with velcro on the back.

Do I want flat ones, curved one`s, etc???

DO NOT GET CURVED ONES! I bought the orange cutting pad from Autopia and it sucks. You can`t get a proper spread/work-in of the product. Now their white pads are great.

SilverBelle04
07-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Save your self the grief of dealing with customs, currency exchange etc..... Try these guys:

http://www.carcaresmart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=DT

They`re in BC. Excellent customer service, prices are about the same as US sites, quick delivery by Canada Post.

Bob

Young_Stallion
07-01-2004, 12:45 PM
So which pads should I buy for white, yellow and grey.

Just the standard one`s from CMA, Lake County One`s. etc?

SilverBelle04
07-01-2004, 12:47 PM

So which pads should I buy for white, yellow and grey.

Just the standard one`s from CMA, Lake County One`s. etc?

The ones at carcaresmart are Lake Ccountry. I bought some from them a couple of weeks. Very satisfied.

As far as what pads that you need. Are these for your personal use only. What kind of condition is your car in ? and what products are you gonig to be using.

One way or the other...if you had one of each colour (3) you would be well armed for most applications.

Bob

Young_Stallion
07-01-2004, 03:49 PM
It is for my own car mainly...pretty much perfect paint with some swirls. Going to be using Menzerna Products like IP, FP, etc...then not sure on the wax, etc.

My parents car is BRUTAL. 13yr old neglected paint

Young_Stallion
07-01-2004, 11:31 PM
bump

ZaneO
07-01-2004, 11:37 PM
I would buy a yellow, an orange, and 2 white pads, minimum. Most all pads are Lake Country with different labels.

SilverBelle04
07-02-2004, 04:52 AM

It is for my own car mainly...pretty much perfect paint with some swirls. Going to be using Menzerna Products like IP, FP, etc...then not sure on the wax, etc.

My parents car is BRUTAL. 13yr old neglected paint

Take a look at the link that i posted. Read the descriptions for each 6 inch pad. I would get at least one of each (i.e. 1 yellow, 1 white and 1 black)

My car is brand new so the paint is in good shape. I bought 1 white and 2 black pads. These work well on my car, but I should have bought a yellow one as well in my original order. Oh well, time to place another order.

Good luck with it.

Bob

Young_Stallion
07-02-2004, 07:32 AM
I wanted Yellow, White and Grey...they only have black for 6"... Also, do I need 6.5" Pads???

In 6.5" they have orange, white and grey but not yellow

Also, they say they are variable contact, thought someone said just get the flat ones....but variable contact are the ones with the groove in the middle

SilverBelle04
07-02-2004, 07:57 AM
The 6 inch work very nicely for me as i`m sure the 6.5 work nicely as well. Just make your selection and take the plunge - the water is fine ! :xyxthumbs

Seriously - IMO - either will work for you.

Bob

ZaneO
07-02-2004, 09:43 AM
It really doesn`t matter, they all work.