PDA

View Full Version : It`s here! Lackfinish!

Deanski
07-01-2004, 09:29 AM
It just arrived today! My first spray bottle of Lackfinish.

They say to dilute 1:1 with distilled water for use as a QD and even included a small pump spray bottle! Thanks Detailers Paradise!

Looks like I`ll try that on the SC430 soon.

Interesting: Smells just like Cockpit Premium!!!!

Regards,

Deanski

imported_memnuts
07-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Deanski,

Our Euro friend Jose` (jgv) turned me onto diluting the Lackfinish with FI.This mixture has been working great for me the last 3 months!!! Just a suggestion. :wavey

Deanski
07-01-2004, 05:17 PM
HUMMM, maybe....

Deanski

3Dog
07-01-2004, 05:51 PM
I read a post yesterday by David at DP and he said do not dilute it.

Nick@DParadise
07-02-2004, 12:15 PM
I thought I would chime in. You don`t have to dilute LF, but it is very concentrated and water activated, so you may want to. Lackfinish was originally designed as a polymer rinse and wax product for the European market, meaning after you rinse your car, you spray the LF over the wet surface and dry normally. We (DP) have been testing it since early December and found a 50/50 mix with distilled water to give the best shine without wasting product.

Obviously the product is new to our market and we are all still figuring it out. I enjoy hearing how innovative people have found new ways of maximizing their results.

Deanski-About the spray bottle. We felt bad about all the Customs issues and delays in getting our first pre-order customers their LF, so we threw in the sprayer to say thanks for your patience.

Deanski
07-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Nick,

Thanks big guy:xyxthumbs

No need to appologize for the delay as it was out of your control!

Many thanks for the spray bottle!!! That`s a great customer relations touch!!

I`ll be testing it shortly myself on several sealants, one of them now on my SC430... Poorboy`s EX-P. So I understand that the Lackfinish works with sealants better than say carnuba protection? After all, there are many carnuba QD`s out there and only a few good QD`s for sealants.

BTW, I "loaned" one of my condo neighbors the 1Z Perls... Haven`t seen it back yet! They loved the stuff! Along with some Souveran as well, they are having a ball.

Current QD is the new Megs Last Touch. Not bad, same as FD, just "improved" and now VOC compliant till 2008.

If this works out well, I hope they can offer it in gallon containers!

Thank you very much and have a safe & happy 4th!

Regards,

Deanski

imported_memnuts
07-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Lackfinish works equally as well on carnuaba (Souveran, P21S and Meg #16) as sealants.

Very versatile QD. :xyxthumbs