PDA

View Full Version : Leaving clay lube/quick mist on overnight?

djmn
07-01-2004, 08:17 AM
I washed the car last night. It`s not been driven and is in a garage. I`m going to clay my car tonight to get a jump on the 3 day process of detailing the car this weekend. I plan on being able to clay the car and follow up with another wash tonight.

My question is that if it takes me a bit to clay the car to the point where it`s too late to wash the car after is it ok to leave the clay lube/quick mist residue on the car until morning?

Thanks

6cyl's_of_fury
07-01-2004, 08:21 AM
I wouldn`t, but hey thats your call to make.

If its going to take you that long, then leave it and do it properly the next day.

SK2003TypeS
07-01-2004, 09:10 AM
I wouldn`t do that either. If I had to, I`d at least wipe down the car with some QD and a MF.

WAX2MUCH
07-01-2004, 11:16 AM
As an option to using a QD, I often use a spray of QEW or PB`s S&W to quickly wipe of any clay residue.

fusionnv
07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by djmn

I washed the car last night. It`s not been driven and is in a garage. I`m going to clay my car tonight to get a jump on the 3 day process of detailing the car this weekend. I plan on being able to clay the car and follow up with another wash tonight.

My question is that if it takes me a bit to clay the car to the point where it`s too late to wash the car after is it ok to leave the clay lube/quick mist residue on the car until morning?

Thanks

Just wipe dry and then make sure there is no clay on the car. Hey most of the time the lube is quick detailer.

shaf
07-01-2004, 05:17 PM
I don`t know how other people do it, but as far as I know, you are supposed to wipe off the QD as you go, section by section..... This lets you inspect the surface better as you go.

imported_Intel486
07-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Just wipe off the lubricant off as you go.

The next day when you wash any left over lubricant should easily come off.

MattZ28
07-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

I don`t know how other people do it, but as far as I know, you are supposed to wipe off the QD as you go, section by section..... This lets you inspect the surface better as you go.

That`s what I do, I don`t see a need to wash if you do this :confused: :nixweiss

3Wheeler
07-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Here`s what Bill North said in his Wolfgang review (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40349 ).

Originally posted by BillNorth

Next I clayed with Mothers clay using the mothers QD as lube. I dried the lube off of each section as I went along, so no need to rewash after.

Sounds good to me!:)

~3W

MattZ28
07-01-2004, 07:15 PM
So some of you guys actually clay without buffing off the lube??

Dalight
07-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

So some of you guys actually clay without buffing off the lube??

Buff? I buff then I re-wash, just to make sure.

mnbv
07-01-2004, 10:38 PM
do you use micro fiber to buff completed sections?

/never has used clay before

Dalight
07-02-2004, 05:01 AM
Yes, I always use microfiber detailing cloths to buff off the clay lube.