PDA

View Full Version : ScratchX Application?

ForceFed4
06-30-2004, 04:13 PM
So my car has a few light scratches I`d like to try to remove w/ ScratchX, as well as enough general swirling / spiderwebs that I`d like to try to get them off.

What`s the best method of application for Meg`s ScratchX?

For the scratches I was planning on using a terry applicator and rubbing perpenticular to the scratch.

For general application I`m not so sure. Should I use foam or terry? Circular rubbing motions or front to back and top to bottom like a finishing product?

The last thing I want to do is make the swirls worse when trying to remove them.

This will all be done by hand, as I don`t own a PC of any type.

thanks.

NXT4now
06-30-2004, 04:55 PM
I have had good success removing scratches with SX. I used a terry applicator, a dab of SX, and went at it in up down left right diagnoal on tough spots.

Here is the link to Mike Philip`s write up on how to use Scratch X...

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1516

thinksnow
06-30-2004, 05:04 PM
First of all--Love2shine, you get a huge "BOOOO" for changing your avatar:D

To the point--I`ve used Scratch-X with some success on localized scratching and paint scuffs. Hard to explain, but if the scratch were completely vertical (for example), I will attack it with a terry applicator from NE to SW, and from NW to SE. I work the S-X until almost totally gone. With elbow grease, the results are usually great.

04BlackAV
06-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Yep works good when your hitting a scratch or two.But doing the whole car with it might not get you the results your looking for.

Before my PC I did my wifes Highlander,one side with SX and the other side with 1Z PP.The side with 1Z PP won hands down for ease and results.:xyxthumbs