PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealers

kevmo327
06-30-2004, 03:13 PM
I am in the prcess of shoping for a new truck and have noticed somehtign every annoying (almost as much as the sales people)

Every dealer I have been to has shown me trucks that are absolutley filthy on the outside....dusrt, dirt, handprints...although I can appreciate the fact that they ahve not been touched/screwed up yet, I cannot beleive they are being shown to sutiers like this....and it has happened at 4 dealers now!

tom p.
06-30-2004, 03:33 PM
:p

GoodnClean
06-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Better than the Acura dealer I was at today, the cars in the showroom were so horribly swirled...

Most dealerships don`t bother detailing lot vehicles until they are sold unless they`re going to be used for testing purposes. THink about it, keeping a lot of 250 cars and trucks clean is no easy task, especially when they sit on the lot for months to a year (common with domestic trucks, Tahoes etc)

JustinR32
06-30-2004, 09:40 PM
LOL, we can`t spend all our time detailing them!

It`s a no-win situation. Washing them causes swirls, not washing them is unattractive. You can`t pull them into the wash bay one by one, y`know? that`d be a 12 hour a day process. And, the Water Buffalo is low pressure and not very clean.

It`s better to leave them alone and wash them as little as possible, leaving them as swirl-free as possible. Even at dealerships that care, the quality of help available is the limiting factor.

Tom,

who has gone to work on his day off and polished the cars in the showroom because he couldn`t stand looking at them anymore