PDA

View Full Version : My Porter Cable came today!!!

RobertM
06-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Whoo hoo, UPS just brought me my long awaited PC 7424 from CoastalTools.com. My pads should be coming tomorrow from CMA. I ordered 3 white polishing pads, 3 yellow cutting pads, and 3 grey finishing pads. I can`t wait until tomorrrow to get them.

I have a few questions though. My kit from Coastal Tools included the 6" Hook & Loop plate along with the 6" counter weight. I`m assuming that the 5" weight that came on it is for use with the white polishing pad that it came with the PC? And then the 6" is for the Velcro plate? Also, how abrasive is the white pad that comes with the PC from Coastal Tools compared to the pads I listed above from CMA?

Thanks alot everyone,

Robert

Jesstzn
06-29-2004, 10:24 PM
The white pad that came with it that screws in .. keep it for product removal .. it works great fror taking off wax if you set it on a MF towel and run it on 3 or better and use different spots of the towel as it fills up.

vinnymack
06-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Use the 6`` counterweight with your PC. The white pad that comes with it is pretty much useless to the CMA pads that you have already ordered.

more info here: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14421