PDA

View Full Version : Few Zaino Tips Along the way

AutoNova
06-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Here are a few Zaino tricks I have picked up along the way:

1) First and foremost the best thing I have done is taken the Zaino andd put it into 8oz spray bottles, did away with the bottles they sent.. I purchase the spay bottles from a beauty supply store and they are intended for hair dressers. The bottles provide a perfect fine mist and I spray directly on the car and wipe with a microfiber pad. I put basically the whole bottle into the sprayer and added the accelerator and bam.

Now I also purchased 12oz bottles for my AIO and SG. You can`t miss the bottles they have scissors on them.

2) Zaino is great on windows, a couple fine squirts, let it set for an hour and presto, better then Rain-X or AIO.

3) I don`t recommend this if you don`t want to, but I have applied Zaino over P21S and it was like WOW. It isn`t the approved method but it works for me.

4) Zaino only reccomends drying time at 30 minutes but to me an hour and the stuff wipes off easier than anything on the market if applied correctly. I use a couple fine mist sprays per panel.

rstype
06-29-2004, 05:23 PM
I`ve always thought that ZFX would make Z2 or Z5 as hard as a rock. Did the mixture solidify in your spray bottle?

AutoNova
06-29-2004, 05:40 PM
No, I have had the mix in the bottles for about 4 months now and once I shook it up and mixed it has remained in liquid form, no problems. ZZFX is just an activator it wouldn`t cause hardening that I can think of it just cuts out need for Z-1.

TortoiseAWD
06-29-2004, 07:47 PM
From the Zaino website:
For optimum results, use ZFXâ„¢ within 6 hours of mixing.You may want to re-evaluate using all of your ZFX by mixing 8 oz. at a time; as I understand it, any accelerant properties ZFX has will begin to diminish at 6 hours. If ZFX could remain mixed with Z2/Z5 indefinitely, I think Sal would have added it to the formula instead of providing it in a separate bottle with instructions on how to mix.

You may want to call or e-mail Zaino to find out just what adverse effect, if any, "expired" ZFXed Zaino may have (more prone to smearing, reduced durabilty, etc.).

Tort

docker
07-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Here are a few Zaino tricks I have picked up along the way:

The bottles provide a perfect fine mist and I spray directly on the car and wipe with a microfiber pad. I put basically the whole bottle into the sprayer and added the accelerator and bam.

Anyone else do this? Intriguing concept...

jmsc
07-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Why not mix what you need for the day (1/4, 1/2, 1 oz...) and go from there?

Its just like my friend last NOV. Applied a coat of carnauba wax and left it on thru the winter. Come spring it was all gone. No fuss no muss.

lex89
07-01-2006, 04:10 PM
You mean he didn`t buff it off?

jmsc
07-01-2006, 04:12 PM
He did not buff it off.