PDA

View Full Version : What cleaning products to use on a Black car?

963000GT
06-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I have a black Monte Carlo SS. I`m tired of just washing it and putting wax on it. I want my car to shine and have a deep wet look. She does not sit in a garage. So, I need a good sealant. I am experienced with certain waxes. Right now i`m using P21s and for washing it I use Meguiars Gold Wash. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v94/lo99gmc/IMG_1523.jpg

andriver
06-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Welcome to Autopia. Since your SS sits outside I would consider Klasse AIO and SG. Tons of threads on the Klasse Twins. SG will give you alot of durability.

BTW, hit the "Learn" button on the upper right hand corner of your screen. Tons of information to read.

imported_memnuts
06-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I also suggest Klasse SG and AIO and top with your non-abrasive carnuaba of choice for that extra depth. P21S is an excellent choice.

The most important chore for achieving your goal of a deep, wet and reflective black finish is your prep. AIO will definitely help, and from your pix maybe all you need, but a true mild polish (SMR) may also be needed to really enhance gloss. Start with the AIO and see if that achieves your goal.

Nice car, fantastic color and welcome to Autopia!! :wavey

Steve A
06-29-2004, 05:31 PM
I would agree that you really can`t go wrong with the Klasse twins, but there are some other interesting choices. Recently used the Wolfgang pre-wax and sealant on several cars and was very pleased with the results and ease of use. Since it is a relatively new product, the long-term durability is not really known. Would also like to try CK Vanilla Moose with Poorboy`s EX-P, as several people have praised this combo.

Zaino is another "system" that has has yielded excellent results for others, but I have never had that urge.

Again, Klasse would be an excellent choice, but all the info on Autopia can sometimes making choosing difficult. Or make your credit card balance larger.:)

963000GT
06-29-2004, 05:51 PM
I will try Klasse AIO & SG first. If I don`t like the out come I will simply find some more products and see what works with which.

So right now this is what i`m going to do when I get my products in. Wash , Magic clay , Wash , P21S Paintwork Cleansing (AIO , SG or SG , AIO??) and then P21s wax

I might want to had a polish cleanser also huh? lol.

P21S Paintwork Cleansing

Steve A
06-29-2004, 09:11 PM
AIO before SG. Have never used P21s Cleaner, but don`t think you need it. AIO does the same thing and provides a good base for SG. You may want to go with 2 or 3 layers of SG (at least 24 hrs apart) before topping with wax.

The comment above about polish refers to a more aggressive "physical" polish (as opposed to a chemical cleaner) to remove/reduce any swirls or marring.

Dalight
06-29-2004, 09:51 PM
IMHO, Blackfire should be on your list as well. I`ve never seen it on black personally, but I`ve heard good things.

andriver
06-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BDawg

IMHO, Blackfire should be on your list as well. I`ve never seen it on black personally, but I`ve heard good things.

Blackfire is also a great product. This is a product of choice on dark colors. Application of the sealant is a little difficult but then again so is SG. So many choices it will make your head spin. To this list you can also add Wolf Gang products, Einszett products, etc.

imported_memnuts
06-30-2004, 05:23 AM
SS,

No need to use the P21S cleanser. Very fine product which is a joy to use but will only duplicate work you will be doing with the AIO. AIO is a great base for many products (SG, Zaino, EX & EX-P, WG, BF, UPP, NXT, Tropicare, carnuabas,etc) and actually has some protective value. Skip the P21S GEPC. Of course it would not hurt to have 2 cleansing steps if you desire to use the P21S GEPC before the AIO.