PDA

View Full Version : detail king????

Superior Shine
06-28-2004, 11:10 PM
One of their classes is coming up soon to so. Cal. Anybody here have experience with the detail king and their classes?

Scottwax
06-29-2004, 12:06 AM
I`ve heard the same and that is about it. :nixweiss

In any event, I am sure you could teach the class, Jose.

imported_aqua
06-29-2004, 03:21 AM
I assisted last August to his detailing seminar in Pittsburg.

The training is divided in 2:

a) Marketing. Very good. I must say it worth. I found it quite useful. Someone with lots of experirnce is transmitting a lot of knowlodge.

b) Operations. In one day they try to teach you how to perform a full detail. There is no enough time. They go very quickly on each single aspect and they teach very, very,very basic detailing. It worth if you have never done a detail before and do not know anything about detailing.

In general is well organized.

RobertM
06-29-2004, 09:13 AM
I attended the seminar a few months ago and found it to be a very valuable experience. Good marketing tips and you get to play with the high speed buffers without worrying about burning through your own paint. :D :eek:

Robert

quamen
06-29-2004, 09:20 AM
I attended the Feb 04 training class and I enjoyed the whole experience. Since i already had a good sense of knowledge for the detailing aspect, that only brought on some new things for me. I went bascially for the marketing experience and to see how a training coarse would be operated. I agree as well about 1 day not enough time, but they do offer other detailing coarses I belileve for a little more money a 3 day. But, either way in that one day of hands on,u will learn a great deal.

imported_WCD
06-29-2004, 09:53 AM
The last time I spoke (emailed) with Nick of Detail King, the CAL. class did not have a shop with which to do hands-on training. It was marketing and then lecture, or slide show I believe. I know he was working on getting a location to do the hands-on. Joe, what is the date?

Rob

AMDin93103
06-29-2004, 11:39 AM
I went to the seminar in Laguna Beach in early May at the Laguna Brisas resort. The conference room had roughly 30 attendees and was taught by Nick Vacco, a very sharp guy. The first day was the lecture on marketing and business practice. I took very thorough notes, like 12 pages. It definitley held my attention and gave me a lot of different avenues of promoting myself. The second day was the powerpoint presentation of how to detail a car. I took a half page of notes. The lecture that day consisted of what DetailKing products to use where and how. I found myself asking some technical questions about the product-line, many of which were left unanswered. The second day is very basic. You could learn the same information for a broad range of products from reading up in the University and Main Event forums here. I did meet many people, some mobile, some carwash owners looking to broaden their services and many of whom were interested in paint-chip repair/ PDR but felt they had to get the basics of detailing. I got a box full of goodies and was promised a certificate of some sort but haven`t followed up on why I didn`t receive it. I don`t know the status of the hands-on clinic for the west coast. I would definitely reccomend the class if that were included.

-Stu.

edit: Laguna Brisas

Scottwax
06-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Another option is Meguiar`s training if you are close to Irvine (I know you`ve been through it all, Jose).