PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question - Help!!!!!!!!!

sem23tex
06-28-2004, 10:45 PM
I just purchased a new Red VW R32. I have washed it a few times and then recently put on Klasse for its first polish. I just wased it again and tried a little NXT Spray wax to give it a quick polish. Unfortunately, one of the front panels after I let NXT dry a little and was polishing it up, hundreds of tiny little scratches or streaks popped up and all had a little rainbow hue to them.

I thought it might be a reaction of some type so I wiped it off with a microfiber cloth with a little water and hit it again with Klasse. The initial effect was reduced somewhat, but under a halogen work light they are still visible along with some other scratches in the clear coat I think the dealer put in when prepping the car for pick up.

Any suggestions or have I screwed my new car up???????

JD:confused:

Deanski
06-28-2004, 10:57 PM
No dealer screwed it up! It went to the "SMSAD" (Swirl Mark and Scratch Application Department).

Depending how bad, you may have to polish the marks out.

Halogen, HPS, MV lamps all produce a very high light output and and finish will show more detail under them.

If they are light and just want to hide them, a glaze is all you need. If you wish to remove them, then it`s time to match up a cleaner for removal followed by a polish.

Light ones can be removed by Megs #9 or Megs SFP. If they are still there, then Megs DACP is next.

Do you have a PC? May want to invest in one if you plan to really keep it sharp!

Go to the top of the webpage and click the "LEARN" icon for more info!

Regards,

Deanski

sem23tex
06-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the input. Since you are fellow red car owner, what`s the process for keeping clean like in your pictures? By the way nice car!!!!!:xyxthumbs

Deanski
06-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Well mine too got the dealers prep...

First, wash. Then I clay, then wash one more time.

Polish used were: ALL BY PC

Meguiar`s #9 first to see if the swirls are light enough (they weren`t)

Meguiars DACP. That did it.

Menzerna FP

Wax or sealant.. This weeks flavor... Wolfgang topped with Poorboys EX-P. Prior it was WG topped with Souvean.

As for wax, the best for red/black I`ve found is the Souveran paste.

Sealants last longer, but some look a little flat, but bright as hell!

Starting off.. Megs NXT is not bad. Top with Souveran and look at how deep/wet it will look!

Klasse AIO then topped is wild too!

Thanks, I need to take more pics of the SC430.. Looks nice with the WG/EX-P.

Regards,

Deanski

sem23tex
06-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Time to buy a PC. And last question, what pads to purchase with it? Again, thank you for the input.

Regards,

JD

Deanski
06-29-2004, 05:57 AM
For a PC, the Lake Country Advanced pads seem to work well as do Meguiar`s pads.

You`lll need one cut pad, several polish pads and two finish pads.

PC`s cheap: Coastaltools.com and Amazon... Most have a 6" counterweight (weight matches size in approx of pads used) for reduced vibration.

PC (http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/pr7424.htm?L+coastest+lcls7456ffbb32bb+1058496012)

More detailed info on the PC (http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=47)

Regards,

Deanski