PDA

View Full Version : FMJ on Black

Hooch
06-28-2004, 09:47 PM
This is the 3rd time I used the Menzerna line. I really like the way FMJ looks on black. We will see how it holds up. FMJ is real easy to go on and off, so far no problems.

Steps:

Wash, Clay, Wash, IP, IPII, AIO, FMJ

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
06-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Looks good! :xyxthumbs

Post back when you find out what the durability is like. (I`ve been dying for people to post back info on the durability of FMJ).

Hooch
06-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Another pic, FMJ.

Dave N
06-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by YouGottaBeLeaf

Post back when you find out what the durability is like. (I`ve been dying for people to post back info on the durability of FMJ).

I`m doing a durability comparison right now on my hood. I have half FMJ, and half 4-Star UPP, both over a #80 speed glaze base. As far as looks go, I honestly can`t tell any difference between the two. The UPP was just a tad slicker right after application though. I QD`d everything with Sonus. The rest of my truck is #80/FMJ, and I`m also curious to see how it holds up.

vinnymack
06-29-2004, 01:49 AM
looks great very interested to see how it holds up

stilez
06-29-2004, 06:29 AM
Nice clear, wet look. I was gonna say it looked like EX-P, but I guess UPP is similar as well.

l33
06-29-2004, 09:14 AM
I use FMJ on my black car and it`s lasted for 3 months now and still smooth and water still beads. Thats what this product was designed for, to be durable first and excellent shine second. Try getting the Finishing touch glaze.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
06-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by l33

I use FMJ on my black car and it`s lasted for 3 months now and still smooth and water still beads. Thats what this product was designed for, to be durable first and excellent shine second. Try getting the Finishing touch glaze.

What kind of weather do you have in your area? I`m in Canada so in the summer I face acid rain, sun and humidity and in the winter I face road salt, snow, ice, etc. I`m just wondering how FMJ will stand up to those conditions and if multiple layers would increase the protection to any great extent.

I haven`t tried FMJ yet but I have it on order.

BillNorth
06-29-2004, 10:15 AM
YouGottaBeLeaf,

How can you beleaf? The eagle, roberts, and nieuy are all leaving!!

That aside, if you are not happy with your FMJ, try klasse. I`ve been using it for the last 3 years and love it. It`s great stuff. My car looks as good 6 months after application as it does the day I apply it.

Bill.

Gonzo
06-29-2004, 11:36 AM
I`m with Bill. Once the effort (use of this term is quite loose, as for me the K twins is nearly effortless) of applying the K twins is done, an occasional SOUNS acrylic spritz or 1Z Pearls wash and the Lightning is fabulous again.

l33
06-29-2004, 11:44 AM
From CMA,

" FMJ is crafted in the German tradition of being a superbly well balanced sealant but breaks new ground with it`s spectacular shine. Imagine the slippery feel of Zaino®, the depth of Pinnacle Souveran, the liquidity of Zymol® and the durability of BLACKFIRE all rolled into one product! ....

FMJ protects your car`s finish like a jacket of transparent armor. This jacket resists abrasion, acid rain, salt air, industrial pollution and weathering. FMJ wipes on and buffs off easily and can be "layered" in multiple coats without fear of yellowing, hazing or discoloration.....

FMJ is our best winter wax. FMJ was designed to last through Germany`s harsh winters. If you store a vehicle during the winter or just want to put a protective winter jacket on your car, truck, or SUV, this is the product to choose.

FMJ is our best coastal wax. The polymers in FMJ are highly resistant to abrasion (wind blown debris), salt air and salt water etching. If you live in a coastal community. FMJ would be our recommendation for keeping your vehicle looking its best."

According to their chart it lasts 180 - 270+ days

http://www.properautocare.com/menzernafmj.html

Pretty good description. I wish more people would try menzerna. IMO they are the best product. No nonsense fillers and work great. I just wish they would make a companion detailing spray.

If you like the FMJ definitly try the Finishing touch glaze.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
06-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

YouGottaBeLeaf,

How can you beleaf? The eagle, roberts, and nieuy are all leaving!!

That aside, if you are not happy with your FMJ, try klasse. I`ve been using it for the last 3 years and love it. It`s great stuff. My car looks as good 6 months after application as it does the day I apply it.

Bill.

They are trying hard to re-sign roberts and niew but they are a package deal. Eagle isn`t going anywhere, anyone who needs a goalie already has one (esp. if Ottawa gets Hasek) and no one is willing to pay him what he wants or pay for a long term deal that he wants. Leafs will re-sign him.

Now, back to car stuff. On order with my FMJ is Klasse AIO. I got scared off of SG by some of the posts I`ve read about people having some problems with removing it. I read FMJ is a pure sealant and can therefore be layered and also sits nicely on AIO. I read the same article on www.properautocare.com that I33 mentions below and got hooked on the reference to the winter protection.

Hope it does what they say it does :)