PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Lackfinish initial impressions and usage

imported_garyo
06-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Well I played with my 1Z Lackfinish this weekend. My initial impressions are that the product is very impressive. Keep in mind this is just from my observations and uses for one weekend. Long term usage still needs to be observed. I used the product in a couple of different manners this weekend.

Packaging: Nice spray bottle with a nozzle that turns off and on. Great even misting pattern to the nozzle when sprayed. It has a clean industrial smell similar to Cockpit Premium that I really like.

Full strength application #1: I washed my wife’s (absolutely filthy) black car that I applied Glanz Wax to about month ago with 1Z’s Perls and dried with waffle MFs. After drying the finish was glossy and slick (don’t know if it is the Glanz or the Perls). I then sprayed the LF directly on the surface and buffed off with a MF. The “buffing” was actually just wiping off and it was very easy to do with absolutely no streaking. In fact I found it improved the clarity of the finish. After wiping off the LZ left an even slicker and glossier surface than what I started with. For those that have used Z6 I would equate LZ performance similar to Z6, in that it improves the slickness and glossiness of the surface.

Full strength application #2: I decided to see how LZ works in a QD type of application. My new to me silver car has not been fully detailed by me and contains some swirling (although not real noticeable b/c of the color). It was recently washed by the dealer (against my wishes) on last Thursday. The car has some light dust and some nice dealer induced light water spots (looks like residual from drying with a towel that is too wet). I used LZ full strength sprayed directly on the surface and wiped/buffed off with a clean MF. It seemed as if LZ had very good lubricant properties. This application removed the dust and water spots with ease. It really elevated gloss and slickness of the finish. There was a much greater improvement than on my wife’s car, but then the surface was in much worst shape to begin with. The metallic flakes really seemed to “pop” with this application. I can’t comment on LZ’s ability to not induce any type of micro marring because the surface already had some swirling. However I will say there were no obvious linear marks from my wiping it off.

Full strength application #3. After all the fun on Saturday (applications 1 and 2) I decided to experiment a little on my wife’s car on Sunday (can you tell I didn’t want to go inside?). I got out the PC and 1Z PP and an orange pad. I went about getting some swirls out of the horizontal surfaces. After that I followed things up with Glanz Wax and then finished off things with LF. I thought the LF really brought everything to a new level. Slicker and glosser than Glanz alone (which is already slick and glossy IMHO). Maybe it was just my perception but it really seemed to bring out a clarity to everything.

I am a big fan of Z6 but I think that it loses some of the characteristics I really like about it when it is not used with Zaino. I have been search of the Z6 equivalent in other products. LF usage with the other 1Z products is outstanding. It will be interesting to see if others like LF with other products (besides 1Z stuff).

imported_memnuts
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Excellent review Brian. :xyxthumbs

LF is a wonderful QD and when paired with Perls is a hard combo to beat.

thom
06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
i have used the lf over stuf an it really adds a pop. nice

debric
06-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Bet, thanks for the review.....

Be sure to give durability updates!!!

andriver
06-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Brian, thanks for the review. I am waiting for my bottle. I look forward to using it and comparing it to QS and FD.