PDA

View Full Version : Informal Testing/Review

boywonder
06-27-2004, 09:07 PM
At yesterday`s meet in Madison, WI, a fellow Maxima owner and I decided to perform an informal test. We wanted to see if there was any difference in Pinnacle Souveran and S100. We used his freshly detailed 2002 Maxima (Super Black) as the test vehicle. He applied S100 to the front door and I applied Souveran to the rear door.

Verdict:

We both agreed that there was little difference in physical gloss between the two waxes. However, there is a difference in how they feel. The Souveran had more of a smoother and slicker feel than the S100. Others who looked said the door with the Souveran was glossier but some others were hard pressed to tell the difference without touching.

In addition, we had a comparison between the PakShak MFs and YoSteve`s MFs. The PakShak had a very soft feel but did not have the plushness of the YoSteve. One thing I noticed was that the fluffy side of the PakShak was not as deep as that of the YoSteve. As a result, I did see some dusting when I was removing wax. He and I both agreed that the YoSteve was excellent for wax and polish removal.

shaf
06-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Interesting Prinz. I personally would have had one person do all the applying and buffing for consistency reasons, but then again, this was "informal". ;)

trueblueblood
06-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Where do you get Yo Steve mf`s? Thanks

PakShak
06-29-2004, 05:18 PM
www.yosteve.com

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

trueblueblood
06-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks Ranney, much appreciated :xyxthumbs

Douxebris
06-29-2004, 06:16 PM
I`ve just gotta comment on how cool it is for Ranney to be the first one to post the addy of a competitor. Ranney, you`re a class act!

Jeff Laughhunn

Mike_Phillips
06-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Jeff Laughhunn

I`ve just gotta comment on how cool it is for Ranney to be the first one to post the addy of a competitor. Ranney, you`re a class act!

Jeff Laughhunn

I have to aggree, that is pretty classy. Just goes to show there is room for everyone.

Mike

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Don`t know if this urban legend or not but I`ve heard that Ranney and yosteve are the same person. :hm That could explain it ;)

Oh yeah and the same guy also said that Coke owns Pepsi.

Aurora
06-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Ranney is the man! Just a couple of minutes ago I read his reply to someone looking where to buy Clearkote products. Ranney posts the links to two websites, neither of them his. AND HE DISTRIBUTES THE DARN LINE AS WELL! What a guy.

vinnymack
06-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Great buisness practice!