PDA

View Full Version : Is Wolfgang sealant fussy?

6cyl's_of_fury
06-27-2004, 08:10 AM
As the title implies, is WG fussy about the base on which it is layed? I have some due this week, but I didnt purchase the WG paint cleaner, insteading I was intending to use AIO.

But I am now starting to think outside the box and I am considering the use of a glaze like GEPC or #7 ( VM is on order but a bit off being delivered yet :( ) under the WG.

So the plan is:

1. Glaze

2. WG

3. EX-P

OR

Am I better off swapping 2 and 3? :nixweiss

WAX2MUCH
06-27-2004, 10:48 AM
I have found WG sealant to be versatile and not fussy about the base.

I`ve used the Menz. FTG and P21S cleaner/polish under WG sealant and both worked well. I`ve also applied BF2 over the WG sealant and it worked fine too.

IMHO, your plan and order of application looks good.

killrwheels
06-27-2004, 11:30 AM
since Wolfgang Sealant and EX-P are the same type of sealant, why use both ??? I like the better durability of EX-P but dont like the dusting it leaves. Wolfgang is far less picky to use and looks better intially IMO, but dont know how well it attaches to glazes and fillers ??? I have used in directly over Final Polish and DACP with good results, and have topped it with Pinnacle (carnuba).

6cyl's_of_fury
06-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by killrwheels

since Wolfgang Sealant and EX-P are the same type of sealant, why use both ??? I like the better durability of EX-P but dont like the dusting it leaves. Wolfgang is far less picky to use and looks better intially IMO, but dont know how well it attaches to glazes and fillers ??? I have used in directly over Final Polish and DACP with good results, and have topped it with Pinnacle (carnuba).

Experimentation! Iknow AMP01 did EX-P over WG with good results, so I was just getting some opinions fromt hose with some experience using it.

Basically, I want the depth and warmth of WG, with the clarity, shine and protection of EX-P.

And then maybe PS on top if I get bored! :lol

imported_Aurora40
06-27-2004, 06:41 PM
I put the Wolf over #80 a few weeks back, no issues as of yet. The paint still looks very wet and glossy. I tossed some Blackfire on the Wolf, which IMO makes it look even better (the Blackfire was quite fussy about buffing off). Wolfgang has been a real breeze to use in my experience so far.

WAX2MUCH
06-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Aurora40- I agree completely. I thought BF2 over WG added a little something...including maybe alittle more durability.

Scottwax
06-28-2004, 12:34 AM
I`d use Wolfgang over EX-P is you want to use both. Wolfgang has no cleaning properties that I can discern. Even on single stage paint, no color transfer to the pad. EX-P does have PDs in it....to what degree, I don`t know though.