PDA

View Full Version : VM by hand?

SRT4
06-27-2004, 02:24 AM
I seem to notice everyone uses a PC to polish.

Well, unfortunately, I don`t have one. Is there any reason to not polish by hand? I don`t really have swirls on the car as it is, but I figure it can`t hurt much.

I`ll be using EX-P over the VM also :)

Too bad my car is silver and I could use cheapo wax and get the same results.

PakShak
06-27-2004, 03:10 AM
Hi SRT4,

Sure, you can use VM with your hands. It is a good light polish with light fillers.

The PC is great when you want to remove or diminish 95% of paint blemishes (light/medium scratches, light/medium swirls, oxidation). If you don`t really have any swirls then you should be find applying both VM and EX-P by hand. I think you will like the VM/EX-P combo. :xyxthumbs

The PC works great with prep work but the rotary does it better and usually half the time. I would only recommend the rotary if you have been using the PC for awhile.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

SRT4
06-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Also, do I HAVE to claybar the car?

I just did this a month ago and then put NXT on top.

imported_memnuts
06-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Feel your paint. If it has accumulated embedded material in the last month, you should clay. As long as the paint feels smooth no need to clay entire vehicle.

Front bumpers, spoiler, grill and leading edges have a tendency to acquire embedded gunk (especially bug residuals on daily drivers) more rapidly. Some claying maybe required more often for these areas.

VM can be used by both methods with excellent results. :wavey

Scottwax
06-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Vanilla Moose works great by hand or machine.