PDA

View Full Version : Quickie

Marj
06-25-2004, 11:47 PM
A co-worker of my wife`s, has a light blue Infinity G35, that my wife convinced him, that since his car is an investment, he should take care of it. He just thinks of it as transportation. My question is, if I take on this vehicle to detail and I am not going to spend more than a few hours on it,what products would you recommend after claying? I am thinking a 1 step cleaner/ polish, but would like to hear from you guys.

Thanks

travisdecpn
06-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Maybe go Meg`s #80 and top with NXTx2, or if time is limited just clay and and NXTx2 as a one-stepper.

shaf
06-27-2004, 04:02 AM
Totally depends on what you need to (or want to...) fix on his paintjob.

It`s an in-person judgement call unfortunately, so as a "quasi-pro" detailer (because he sort of IS a "client") you should probably try to equip yourself to do what you have in mind, or equip yourself to deal with whatever you encounter. A PC would help a lot.

Marj
06-27-2004, 12:05 PM
I do own a pc and a rotary, and a bunch of assorted products, so I am equip to a point. His car is just neglected, with swirl and webing, typical things we see on near new cars. No major scratches. I won`t be doing any correction at this point, since he is not car crazy guy like me, and doesn`t want to spend money. Thats why I was looking for something that would hide webing and swirl marks for a while. After that it will be up to him if he wants to come back to me for a more in-dept job.

shaf
06-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Hmm, in that case if I were in your shoes I think something like #80 just might fit the bill. I haven`t used it, but it sounds like the appropriate product as travisdecpn suggested. #80 and something durable on top of it maybe.