PDA

View Full Version : MGC wax on top of mothers carnauba?

xappie
06-25-2004, 08:59 PM
HI all

I have been using Mothers 3 step for a while, but since my can of 100% carnauba is running out I have been thinking of trying something new. After searching the local stores, I think that the Meguiar`s Gold Class wax is something I want to try.

Will I be able to apply this Meguiar`s wax on top of my relatively fresh application of Mothers Carnauba? Or will it not adhere properly?

Any advice is appreciated!

hondaguy2582
06-25-2004, 09:03 PM
I wouldn`t do it. Personally, Id only use gold class when you need to do some quick rewaxing jobs(ex: removing bird S**t and then rewaxing that area). If your going to use any cleaner wax, Id suggest just staying with mothers(the paste, not the liquid).

xappie
06-25-2004, 09:05 PM
OH the Gold Class wax is a cleaner wax? I didn`t know that. :(

Pitty the NXT stuff isn`t available in Canada yet...

wanabe
06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
my pref would be carnuba over synthetic-

this gives a strong base with a topper that is easy to reapply!

SilverBelle04
06-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by xappie

OH the Gold Class wax is a cleaner wax? I didn`t know that. :(

Pitty the NXT stuff isn`t available in Canada yet...

You might not have to wait much longer for NXT. According to Meguiars it should be out in Canadian Tire stores soon. Check your local speed shops. I`ve seen NXT in speed shops in Ottawa.

Bob L.

xappie
06-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Ok, I`ve just been shopping and discovered I can get #7, #9, and #26 locally. 26 seems to be carnauba.... will it work on top of my Mothers?

Basically, I want to switch brands but if I can do it without first removing the product already on my car that would be best.