PDA

View Full Version : Auto Magic Tire Dressing

Nickshades
06-25-2004, 08:49 PM
I`ve been using auto magic`s tire dressing for quite some time now and I feel that the tires could be looking a lot better. One disturbing piece of information about this dressing is that it doesn`t seem to last very long. I`m not sure what`s going on with that. Has anyone had experience with this dressing at all and if so do u recognize the same problems that i`m having. Is there a good dressing that is prominent among the pros that lasts long. I noticed on my friend`s Nissan 350Z the tires were still glossy after washing it and driving through the rain. Is there special dressings that the dealerships use or something.

shaf
06-27-2004, 03:22 AM
Just out of curiousity, which dressing is this? IIRC, they sell several products marketed as dressings....

I don`t have all that much luck with retaining tire shine after wetting since I use little of it, and fairly low-shine ones at that, but I would imagine that if you used a very high shine tire dressing more would be left over after being rinsed than a lower-shine dressing.

Opinions about which dressings last and which ones are best are all over the place. All you can do is search and pray. :lol

(BTW, dealerships usually just use some kind of "pro" product just like Auto Magic. Maybe try another Auto Magic dressing if you like that brand.)

Nickshades
06-27-2004, 11:41 AM
thanks for the reply, I forget which one it is, but i might look into other lines of product by that company. Somebody recommended Poorboys on another thread, but I have yet to try it.

exelawashguy
07-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Check out [product name deleted] by [company name deleted], dry to the touch after a few minutes, so no oil to flick up onto the paintwork.

http:www.iamaspammer.com

Click on Buy Now and enter the sponsor name -- excelawashguy

The product will be shipped to your door.

Your spam has been noted by the moderating staff; appropriate action to be taken shortly. Hope you enjoyed your short stay at Autopia. -- Tort

Jcrawford
07-10-2004, 05:06 PM
if ur gonna spam then at least come up with a more creative name than excelawashguy, hint hint :down

Big Leegr
07-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by excelawashguy

Check out [product name deleted] by [company name deleted], dry to the touch after a few minutes, so no oil to flick up onto the paintwork.

http:www.iamaspammer.com

Click on Buy Now and enter the sponsor name -- excelawashguy

The product will be shipped to your door.

That`s so cute!:rolleyes:

And smooth too!:nono

jaybs02
07-11-2004, 08:45 AM
wow!

polish and snake oil all in one place!!! what more can you ask for :lol

andriver
07-11-2004, 09:22 AM
$20 for tire dressing? Hmmm, no thanks.

TortoiseAWD
07-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Spam, spam, spam, spam, waterless wash, tire dressing, and spam!

(Cue singing Vikings)

Aurora
07-12-2004, 08:54 AM
It cleans, polishes and seals! How would it do this with no water? Turn dirt into diminshing abrassives? Or how? What garbage! Bet that`ll be his only post.

Aurora
07-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Wait, he`s been abolished!