PDA

View Full Version : Question about 3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze

superstring
06-25-2004, 08:47 PM
I`m wondering if it`s necessary or preferable to follow up 3M`s Perfect-It III Machine Glaze with a milder polish or does it produce such a good finish that you can go directly to a topper (carnuaba or whatever)?

Thanks!

Nickshades
06-25-2004, 08:52 PM
I would think you normally wax after glazing. You would polish prior to the glaze step. Unless i have this backwards, but i believe that is correct. Somebody told me that the 3M perfect it III is not meant to last long. Just for looks i guess. I`m not sure just forwarding information and ideas. Feel free to correct me if I`m wrong.

hondaguy2582
06-25-2004, 09:08 PM
3m perfect it machine glaze does not contain fillers, and you can go straight to a wax if desired. Its your call whether to follow it up with say 3m swirl mark remover or top it. Let your eyes be the judge.

LouisanaJeeper
06-25-2004, 09:11 PM
the MG w/ white pad finish will be ready for wax w/o further polishing

imported_DennisA
06-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

the MG w/ white pad finish will be ready for wax w/o further polishing That`s the way I did it and it worked for me :xyxthumbs

wanabe
06-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by DennisA

That`s the way I did it and it worked for me :xyxthumbs

and thats really what its about!!

sounds like you got the answer...

superstring
06-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. :up

Originally posted by Nickshades

I would think you normally wax after glazing. You would polish prior to the glaze step. Unless i have this backwards, but i believe that is correct. Somebody told me that the 3M perfect it III is not meant to last long. Just for looks i guess. I`m not sure just forwarding information and ideas. Feel free to correct me if I`m wrong.

Ah yes, the old polish vs. glaze question! I`m under the impression that P-III MG is more of a polish then a glaze, because it removes swirls rather than filling them in.