PDA

View Full Version : Help on paint protection

giatime
06-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Need help figuring out whats the best paint protection for my new black durango. My last ones finish was roached out over the years with bird stuff residue and other garbage. I am trying tio decide between nufinish and liquid glass, but I could use some advice. Ease of application is important, since I feel I won`t screw it up if it goes on like nufinish. Liquid glass is harder to get right. anyway, all help on the subject appreciated. Anthony

wanabe
06-25-2004, 11:11 PM
anthony- i am a big supporter of synthetics topped by carnuba...

this combo gives all the advantages of the synthetics (mainly long life) combined with the flash and depth of carnuba- and carnubas can be pretty easy to app and remove...

so if you go with your choices, just top them with an easy carnuba (i like p21s). then you normally only have to reapp the carnuba! also, the carnuba acts as a protectant for the synthetics so hopefully it will protect from the things you are getting, such as bird bombs.

(btw, i assume that you got those bird stuff stains off- if not post back, and we can help you handle them!)

Accumulator
06-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by giatime

...I am trying tio decide between nufinish and liquid glass, but I could use some advice.

Welcome to Autopia!

If you`re gonna choose between those two, I`d take the Liquid Glass. IMO it`s easier on the paint and to me, it looks much better. Topped with a good carnauba, it`s really not bad looking at all.

You might want to consider Meguiar`s NXT, too.