PDA

View Full Version : Z7 Car wash

imported_Unreal
06-25-2004, 01:14 PM
I just used this for the first time about 45 mins ago.

What I am wandering is the bottle said to mix 2-3 cap fulls with 1 gallon of water.

I put in 3 cap fulls in 1 gallon bucket. What puzzels me is there wasnt alot of suds. It seemed to clean very well and had alot of lubricity to it but it didnt suds very well.

Was my mix not strong enough or is this minor suds the nature of Z7?

Matt M, PA
06-25-2004, 01:39 PM
I love Z7 car wash soap because of the lubricity.

I don`t measure it all that carefully, just pour a dash into the bucket and agitate with the water pressure. I always have plenty of suds.

Is it possible that you have hard water?

imported_Intermezzo
06-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi Unreal,

Are you comparing the suds to Gold Class? If so, then your first impression of Z-7 is understandable as very few products create the amount of suds that you get with Gold Class.

Considering the fact that Gold Class has a pH of over 8 and Z-7 has a neutral pH of around 7, I think the trade-off in lower suds is definitely worth it.

megmarc
06-25-2004, 02:07 PM
I`ve used Z 7 for over two years now and only add one cap full per gallon of water. I have plenty of suds for my car. Did you by chance have something on the sponge or mit from the previous wash that might have had an effect on the suds.

Lowejackson
06-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Low suds is not a phrase which I would use for Zaino. Adding a shampoo to the water does seem to give lower suds than adding water to shampoo - I hope that makes sense.

imported_Unreal
06-25-2004, 03:18 PM
I had plent of suds in the bucket but they just didnt seem to transfer to the truck like the other washes I have used. I am by no means saying this is a bad think I am just wandering if I had used enough.

My previous favorite wash was Sonax and Gold Class and they really suds the bucket and car.

From the sounds of what Intermezzo said I guess I should be about right.

imported_Unreal
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

Low suds is not a phrase which I would use for Zaino. Adding a shampoo to the water does seem to give lower suds than adding water to shampoo - I hope that makes sense.

Yeah that makes perfect sense. What I did was fill the bucket with about 3/4 full then added the wash and then filled the rest of the way up.

ZaneO
06-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Yep, put the soap in the bucket and then add the water.

imported_BretFraz
06-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Zaino suds like crazy for me but like the others, I pour the Z7 into the bucket, then fill with water. As soon as I can immerse the nozzle into the water, because if I don`t the suds overflow the bucket. And hard water will certainly affect the sudsability.

imported_Unreal
06-25-2004, 05:31 PM
If I do happen to have hard water here will that have any adverse affect on the Z7 or just the sudsing action?

04BlackAV
06-25-2004, 05:35 PM
I have hard water and will take some flak for saying this but I like and perfer the NXT wash over Z7 now.