PDA

View Full Version : Brightest combo for chrome rims

imported_memnuts
06-25-2004, 10:39 AM
I am presently using AIO and Z2 on my chrome rims. They look great.

Are there any combos or product that will augment already very shiney rims.

Durability is of zero concern. Vehicle never driven in foul weather.

Always searching for the "next level". :o

(already did a search but no definitive answer)

TIA

Accumulator
06-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I`m curious about this one too- I`m considering chrome rims for my current project car. I`m likewise not too concerned about durability, but I *am* interested in protection, if you get the difference. e.g., I`d worry about some products trapping ferrous deposits, which I wouldn`t want happening on chrome.

Matt M, PA
06-25-2004, 12:47 PM
The Cobra has chromed wheels, the Viper, polished and cleared aluminum. In both cases, I juat clay and Z5 or Z2...whichever I am putting on the body. The both look like mirrors when done.

captkirk2
06-25-2004, 01:43 PM
dupont 007 chrome polish has always worked the best for me. Used to come in a metal can but I found some in a plastic container. Might be a little hard to find.

wanabe
06-25-2004, 03:55 PM
on my gt3s i have 2 coats of finish first (polymer) as base, and a topper of p21s...

they get new carnuba each time i wash the car.

they also get wiped down with detailers sprays a couple times a week.

i find that i mainly focus on the lips for the detailers spray as that is where brake dust seems to settle.

chris0626
06-25-2004, 11:40 PM
When my Jags` chrome rims get really dirty, I wash, then NevrDull, then wash again. For protection, I just use Zaino (Z2). (OK, so shoot me, all you Z-bashers.) But the Zaino holds up for weeks and months of daily-driving and no-garage. After that, it`s just a matter if applying Z6 to refresh them.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-26-2004, 01:56 AM
One of these days Ill find time to do MY rims !!