PDA

View Full Version : possible retarded question

newguy
06-25-2004, 12:46 AM
this may be a retarded question but ill ask anyway. i was at the grocery store and needed some kitchen cleaning supplies when i noticed a pack of towels. they are Scotch Brite brand 3m microfiber cleaning towels, 80%poly, 20%nylon. would these towels be ok to use when waxing my car? i read alot of posts that refer to microfiber towels being the best and was wondering if these were basically the same thing? thanks

chris0626
06-25-2004, 06:01 AM
Not meaning to make fun of you, saintsfan, but I think there have been 1.246 gazillion posts on this topic. I`m in the camp that says these probably are not going to be of a quality that you`ll want to use on your paintwork, though they may be fine for interior (dashboard etc.), doorjambs, wheels, etc. But some other folks will loudly argue that they`re a-o.k. for everything. Go figger. :(

Have you ever tried the high-quality microfibers that many of us swear by? The best test may be for you to fondle them vs. these cheap MFs. I think you`ll feel the difference!

shaf
06-27-2004, 01:36 AM
I can think of many better MF towels (including most retail ones) that would probably better than those. A few people use them just fine and like them, but to me, personally I find them to be too thin and not very plush. This refers to the multi-coloured ones by the way, and not the cream coloured ones with the coloured borders....

Might be good for windows and other cleaning duties though. As said, search around a bit.