PDA

View Full Version : How to apply NXT with a PC?

imported_NHBFAN
06-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I recently detailed a white car with AIO + NXT and was very pleased.

Used my PC with AIO, but applied NXT by hand.

I`ve read many NXT users like to apply it via PC. What technique do you use? Do you just apply with a finishing pad and spread evenly at a slow speed, or do you use a polishing pad and crank it?

Guinnesspounder
06-25-2004, 12:41 AM
When I put NXT on with a PC I use a grey finshing pad at about #2.5. Just go over a patch and let dry for about 10 min then wipe off with a MF towel.

MattZ28
06-25-2004, 12:52 AM
I used a finishing pad and set it at about 4 and it applied nicely in thin even layers.

sw20_og
06-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Today I applied NXT with the finishing pad on 2.5...I felt it was going on way too thin so I went over one more time.

imported_NHBFAN
06-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by sw20_og

Today I applied NXT with the finishing pad on 2.5...I felt it was going on way too thin so I went over one more time.

Were you satisfied with your results?

sw20_og
06-25-2004, 02:26 AM
I wasn`t expecting anything different when I applied it via PC. I just wanted to try it...I think it`s still better by hand though because you can get spots the PC can`t reach. Wax is supposed to be applied thin but the PC takes thinness to another level.

I don`t think it makes a difference on detail jobs where NXT is the topper. Maybe on one-step wax jobs, the PC would make a difference because of NXT`s slight cleaning abilities.