PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

LetsGetItOn
06-24-2004, 10:05 PM
I`m 17 and have started a detailing business with a couple of my friends. So far we have bought a couple buffers, the Eiman Fabrik kit and a couple bottles of Klasse all in one, along with some other needed supplies. To get started we have fully detailed a couple cars for friends and family charging $85.00 per car. I was wondering how to advertise our services to get more incoming business and if we are charging a reasonable price or getting ripped off. Thanks for you help.

derek37
06-24-2004, 10:46 PM
As you`ll here alot on this forum " Do a search". It really contains more info than you can believe. This is a great site. You`ll learn alot.

Oh and welcome:xyxthumbs And good luck to ya :wavey

ZaneO
06-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Business cards, flyers, brochures/pamphlets, word of mouth, give-a-ways, etc.

Keep your options fairly simple (don`t confuse people with too much information) and do top quality work. My advice is to find a couple of sealants and couple of carnaubas and stick with those. Don`t keep spending all your earnings on new products that most people have no clue about. Some quality and affordable lines are Poorboy`s and ClearKote.

Do lots of reading and searching on this board and good luck.

teamvegas
06-24-2004, 11:15 PM
I agree 100% with ZaneO. Clearkote and Poorboys also work really well in the sun to help if dont have access to any shade during a detail.

If you do good quality work, you might be undercutting yourself. I have charged $200+ for a full detail on an H2. But if you are taking the time to do it right, it is completely worth it. Sometimes trying to charge a lower price will hurt in the long run if you dont know how to approach a customer with an increase in price. Especially if you are doing your best work already. If you raise the price, your quality level should also be raised.

Sorry for the long reply, but these are all coming from experience.

Just my $.02

Good luck!