PDA

View Full Version : Quick Shine vs. Crystal Mist

membim
06-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Hello everyone. Can someone compare Clearkote`s Quick Shine to Pinnacle`s Crystal Mist. I appreciate it.

samhian
06-24-2004, 03:26 PM
I can`t comment in Quick Shine, but I can on Crystal Mist. I recently have been using it as a QD over S100, and though the car does look very good and I can "tell" that it`s doing something I can`t say that I recommend it for it`s price. IMHO it`s better than Eagle One and Mother`s, but that doesn`t mean that it`s worth $20. I can`t wait to use it all up so I can find out if Quick Shine is worth $20! :)

membim
06-24-2004, 03:47 PM
I`ve been througt several bottles of the Crystal Mist and really like it. Just wondered if anyone like Quick Shine better.

imported_Greg
06-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Different IMO. I like Crystal Mist a lot, but its so expensive. Personally I think Quick Shine is too expensive as well. For about $15-17 a gallon, pick up some Meguiars Final Detail or Last Touch, basically same products. It is my favorite QD and you`re not afraid to use it because of its price.

imported_memnuts
06-24-2004, 04:55 PM
QS is strictly a QD and works well on all protectant types from my experience. QS is silicone and carnauba-free

CM is more of a quick wax with a QD character. CM contains carnuaba.

Both are very easy to use (non-streaking and non-hazing) and produce noticeable results.

Both are relatively expensive when compared to local available QD`s, but both require very little product to do the job so a container normally last quite a while.

Good daily QD for the results and budget: I agree with Greg - FD or it`s new version

membim
06-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys!!!

WAX2MUCH
06-25-2004, 09:45 AM
I primarily use ClearKote`s Quick Shine on sealants or carnauba finishes....works well, plus can be used on glass.

I agree with the comments on Pinnacle`s Crystal Mist....more of a quick wax and expensive. I have also tried the new Sonus Carnauba Spritz. IMHO it is pretty good and if you are looking for a reasonably priced carnauba based QD try it. I still would recommend QS.

JustinR32
06-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Very similar to Crystal Mist, and a lot cheaper, is Griot`s Speed Shine. $10 for 35oz, $30 per gallon. Same look and feel, different smell; more floral than tropical. Otherwise, dead ringers in the look on the car.

Tom

Pats300zx
06-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok guys..I think I need help...I have all of the above QD`s mentioned in this thread.

Griots SS-bought prior to my finding Autopia :D

Quick Shine-Thanks to Scottwax

Final Detail-Just ordered a gallon

Crystal Mist-Just got some for my Bday...

Do you think I need help...????

Quick Shine is awesome and I use it at car shows. Perfect for QDing in the sun without worry of streaks.

Final Detail-My new daily QD..Love the shine..can`t beat it for $17 a gallon

Crystal Mist-Like a fine champange-use it in in my car show prep for that extra "pop".

Griots SS..I`ll use it one of these days :D

JustinR32
06-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey Pat, SS is really good, about the same as FD and CM.

Tom

SilverLexus
06-27-2004, 11:25 AM
I`ve been using Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl QD over P21S on silver paint to good effect.

killrwheels
06-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Crystal Mist-Like a fine champange-use it in in my car show prep for that extra "pop"

My thoughts exactly .... and I dont find it to be the same caliber as SS by Griots. I use Crystal Mist on carnubas, Z6 on sealants, and Sonus on Klasse. Must have 10 bottles and a gallon of CM. Even got two bottles on Einszett Lackluster on preorder. (got some samples from a hidden source several months ago and was highly impressed, very concentrated)

imported_speedracer
06-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Crystal mist all the way...love the look (really like the smell as if that matters). If you are going to use a high end wax (SOUVERAN) why not keep it up with CM?! Just my thoughts...car has more expensive toys than me.

yankees1
07-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I have used Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Zaino and Groits speed shine and I like Crystal Mist the least. Even though I use Pinnacle Souveran on my vette I like Zaino much better than Crystal Mist and Speed Shine pretty much equal to Zaino but less costly!