PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Spray

Pages : [1] 2

HondaMan
10-11-2004, 11:32 PM
My 3 month old Potenza tires on my Civic were faded -- I almost though they were used when looking at them from the side. Not black at all -- maybe the day I picked it up at the dealer, but I was more concerned with looking at the body and might not have noticed.

Anyway, I applied some Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Spray and the stuff looks great. It was easy to apply. It still looks wet 24 hours after I applied it and decent black color. I`ll report back here how it looks a few days and weeks later. I think the stuff is actually still wet on the tire -- not LOOKS wet -- so when it`s 100% "dried" I`ll be interested to see if my tire is still black or that greyish-dirty-black that I didn`t like.

The Chee
10-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Certain brands of tyres are more proned to fading eg Yokohama (from my personal experience). With tyres ,before dressing I usually clean them with Armor All Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner and then BnB/4* tire gel. I quite like the High gloss Endurance from Meguiar as well, a bottle will last you a very very long time :)

lmnmarang
10-12-2004, 06:24 AM
If they still look bad or used after awhile,try using forever black.It`s a black pigment that actually restores the black in the tires.then after that`s dry use your shine.I`ve never had to use it on tires but it worked wonders on my sray-in bedliner.

Don
10-12-2004, 07:05 AM
I use the Hot Shine Tire Spray after I scrub the tires within an inch of their lives. It seems to hold up a good long time. The `still wet` look fades after a while, but the tires have more of a rich look to them that hangs around a month or more depending on what you use to clean them during the washes.

HondaMan
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys, I actually didn`t scrub the tires before the spraying so I`ll report back and let you all know how it looks down the road. Next time, I`ll scrub before doing it. Car was washed a few weeks ago, not like it had months of grime on the tires (the wheels themselves were scrubbed and I EX-P`d them!).

groebuck
10-12-2004, 10:02 AM
if your tires have faded an old detailer (he was very old :lol) trick is to use motor oil on them - make them jet black and shiney - just watch that sling.

OI812
10-12-2004, 05:53 PM
I have a question on this. I notice a couple of post are talking about Meg`s Endurance tire shine. From my experience Endurance and Hot tire shine are not the same. At least I didn`t think they were. Next question are you using the hot shine in the aerosol can or liquid spray version? I thought I got a better shine with the aerosol than the liquid, but the liquid is definetly going further. I have yet to break open the Endurance. Any opions?

Don
10-13-2004, 12:29 AM
I use the aerosol can

scottlee
10-13-2004, 09:08 AM
i use both endurance and hotshine airesol(sp) i like the endurance for our mitsubishi with the bridgstone tires and the hot shine for our mazda, the hotshine in the can is the easiest thing i have found on the mazda tires, that have tons of ribs and stampings on the sidewall goes on even stays low sheen to mat look after drying and last a good long time, and the adjustable nozzle on the can makes it easy to spray with very minimal overspray, the endurance is also great i use the hi shine version but its so thick it gets hard to spread evenly for me and its seems to take a long time to dry, i have had cottonwood tree seeds stuck to the tires, but with both products absolutely no sling for me :bigups

HondaMan
10-13-2004, 09:41 AM
I use the aerosol and don`t apply it in the garage...that stuff STINKS !!!!

kimwallace
10-13-2004, 09:48 AM
HondaMan and others,
Let us know if you experience your tires browning with the Hot Shine. I did, but it was on Michelon tires. Other than that, I liked the product.

JaredPointer
10-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Hondaman, after re-reading your post I`m a little confused. Did you clean the tires at all? Or did you just spray the tire shine on them dirty? What exactly is your tire cleaning process? Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

scottlee
10-13-2004, 10:00 AM
i have experienced very little to no browning with hotshine or endurance , but i dont go long without washing usually, meaning nevermore than two weeks before tires are washed and redressed

OI812
10-13-2004, 10:26 PM
kimwallace,
I have been using Meg`s Hot Tire Shine for almost a year now. I love the look, and haven`t had any problems with browning. I really like the high gloss wet look. I just washed my truck last weekend, and notice the tires were still beading up. I think it had been close to 6 weeks since I last dressed them (I got behind on that). Next order of poorboy`s will include some BnB. I would also like to try that grape stuff everyone has been talking about. New kid on the block and I am sure Adams will have something. Have to buy that too. By the way Kim, I have used both the aerosol and the liquid with tire swipes. Currently I am using the liquid, and if I use Meg`s again I would buy the liquid again. I think the liquid is comparable to Eagle Ones tire shine, IMO

I use the aerosol and don`t apply it in the garage...that stuff STINKS !!!! HondaMan, I thought it smelled good. First time I think I have heard anyone complain about the smell from a Meg`s product. But I`m sure others don`t like the smell too.

HondaMan
10-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Jared, the tires weren`t filthy -- car is 3 months old, and I had hosed them down -- but I did NOT scrub them down before letting them dry and hitting it with the Meguiars Hot Spray. Sunday was wheel cleaning and all I was using was a hose, Eagle 1 A2Z, PB EX-P (sealing the aluminum wheels), and then the Hot Spray.

So I didn`t really scrub them -- in retrospect, I should have -- but after 3 days the tires still had a "wet black" look. Today will be interesting since it`s raining -- will want to see how the tires look tonight or the next few days (whenever it stops raining) when they`re dry.

My tired had a "brown" look which I thought weird -- not dirty roads, and it looked more like the black had been "scraped off". Of course, that`d be impossible since I`d have to have scraped the side rims of the car. That`s why I wondered for a second if my tires had been used -- they weren`t (fresh treads) but I thought it weird that 2 of the 4 had that brownish look on the sidewall. Maybe it was loose dirt, I dunno, but whatever it was, the hosing off of the A2Z and the Meguiars has taken it off/covered it up.

What`s this "browning" you guys refer to with the Meguiars -- a discoloration of some sort?

I`ll report back in a few days.