PDA

View Full Version : To the Zaino guru`s

imported_Unreal
06-24-2004, 09:56 AM
I am going to put the first 3 layers on using ZFX.

What I was wandering is the ZFX needed for every layer after the first 3 even if your only going to use 1 layer a day after the first day or is it like the Z1 and only need be applied every 10 layers?

togwt
06-24-2004, 10:07 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

I’m not a Zanio (or any other product guru) but I know you shouldn’t apply more than three coats in a 24-hour period. This would lead me to think to apply further ‘layers’ you would need the ZFX cure accelerator.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

imported_Greg
06-24-2004, 10:20 AM
After you`ve done the ZFX mixed with either Z2 or Z5, you can apply up to three layers in a single day- just what you said. Then after that, you can apply either Z5 or Z2 1 layer at a time per day without the need for ZFX. I personally wouldn`t do more than 3 layers, I think you are just wasting product after that point.

topnotchtouch
06-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Whether you are using Z2 or Z5 I think the way it works is the initial layer you need either Z1 or ZFX in order for it to bond properly to the paint. After that you don`t need it but, you can then only do one layer every 24 hours??? The only way to get 3 layers in 24 hours is with Z1 or ZFX. Then sal recommends Z1 or ZFX every 10 layers. This is the way I understood it. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :D

EDIT: I guess Greg can type faster than I can but, seems like we are saying the same thing so I guess I am on the right page even though I am not a guru.

imported_memnuts
06-24-2004, 10:28 AM
ZFX only needed if one plans to apply multiple layers (w/i 12 hrs (lifespan of ZFX mixture)

Z1 or ZFX must be used for initial layer even if only 1 layer is being applied.

Z2 and Z5 can be used alone, after initial Z1 or ZFX layer, but one is limited to 1 layer within 24hrs.

Z1 should be used every 5-8 coats. I would use the same criteria for ZXF-only users.

Hope this helps. :wavey

paco
06-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Note:

Some of us have found that the longer you let a layer cure (not setup), the better the gloss.

i.e. if I apply 3 layers in 12 hours allowing each layer to setup for ~ 1/2hr and then applying the next layer 1-2 hours later, the results are not as good as if you apply 3 layers - 1 per day.

It appears as though allowing the layers to cure for a longer period of time, the better the results. I personally now only apply 2 layers per day. Depending on time and weather conditions, 4 layers in 2 days.

The same thing is seen with S100. The day after, it seems to be even more reflective and has a very since pop to it once the wax has hardened.

Paco