PDA

View Full Version : new car

Gatorbones
06-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Where can I find the recommendations for a new car ? Should I use a polish, then a wax, then a sealant ? Should I use all of the same brand.....Meqs ? Thanks.

adjulian
06-24-2004, 08:42 AM
IMO it`s not about if your car is new or not but rather the condition of the paint. Plenty of people here have taken delivery of `new` cars with horrible paint, i.e. swirls, marring, etc. Depending on the condition of your paint will dictate your course of action. Many people here, including myself, mix and match products based on our personal preference and experience. You will find that specificity of your question will warrant more discussion than just general questions. Do you have pics? What condition is the paint in?

Be sure to click on the LEARN button at the top of the page, download the eBook and use the SEARCH function. If you have a question, chances are that someone else had that same question and it has been discussed here over the last 3 years or so.

Good luck!

Gatorbones
06-25-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by adjulian

IMO it`s not about if your car is new or not but rather the condition of the paint. Plenty of people here have taken delivery of `new` cars with horrible paint, i.e. swirls, marring, etc. Depending on the condition of your paint will dictate your course of action. Many people here, including myself, mix and match products based on our personal preference and experience. You will find that specificity of your question will warrant more discussion than just general questions. Do you have pics? What condition is the paint in?

Be sure to click on the LEARN button at the top of the page, download the eBook and use the SEARCH function. If you have a question, chances are that someone else had that same question and it has been discussed here over the last 3 years or so.

Good luck! I`m sure that the paint will be great, since it`s a MC. Thanks

SK2003TypeS
06-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Gatorbones

I`m sure that the paint will be great, since it`s a MC. Thanks

MC ?? I agree with what adjulian is saying. Just because it`s new, doesn`t necessarily mean that the paint is in great condition. Luckily for me, when I picked up my car it did not see the swirl department.

Gatorbones
06-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by SK2003TypeS

MC ?? I agree with what adjulian is saying. Just because it`s new, doesn`t necessarily mean that the paint is in great condition. Luckily for me, when I picked up my car it did not see the swirl department. Thanks

SK2003TypeS
06-25-2004, 07:22 AM
your welcome, but what does MC mean ? :D

Gatorbones
06-25-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by SK2003TypeS

your welcome, but what does MC mean ? :D Mini Cooper...gold and black...and lots of extras.

adjulian
06-25-2004, 08:03 AM
I`ve known lots of people who have taken delivery of BMWs that have had swirls in them. When I took delivery of my BMW 330i several years ago - I told them to not do anything to the car`s paint, i.e. no washing, no detailing, etc. I let them take the stickers off the windows and nothing else. Fortunately, I knew that my car just got off the boat and no one had touched it before. I would not assume anything because of the brand of the car. Tell them not to touch anything.

Gatorbones
06-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by adjulian

I`ve known lots of people who have taken delivery of BMWs that have had swirls in them. When I took delivery of my BMW 330i several years ago - I told them to not do anything to the car`s paint, i.e. no washing, no detailing, etc. I let them take the stickers off the windows and nothing else. Fortunately, I knew that my car just got off the boat and no one had touched it before. I would not assume anything because of the brand of the car. Tell them not to touch anything. I`ve already had a lesson. back in 1994, I picked up my new black rose convertible vette from the dealer, and the washer dude had washed the car with his sandy little towel and scratched up the entire car, especially since the paint job was just 10 days old. It was so bad that they had to send it back to Bowling Green to get repainted. Thanks.

shaf
06-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Welcome to Autopia Gatorbones. :welcome

Polish as necessary or IF necessary, glaze and wax OR use a sealant (your choice) and no, you don`t have to stick with one brand at all. The only thing that matters is if you really know what a product is, and what it does. You can mix and match any number of products from different brands if you know what you`re using and how to use them.

As said, check out some of the articles and make good use of the Search to help you out too. Good luck!