PDA

View Full Version : What`s the story with Armour All

Pages : [1] 2

BikeFreak
06-23-2004, 10:33 PM
It seems Armour All doesn`t get much attention here. I have been using it on my Tacoma`s fender flares and all the textured plastic.

I am going to order some 303 here soon to test it out. I would like something that shines up the plastic nicely. Also all the rubber trim needs to be protected also. I have been reading that Klasse SG works well for that too, so I will give it a shot.

What do you guys recommend for shining up the textured plastic around my Tacoma.

Thanks for the help,

BikeFreak

3Dog
06-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Well....it looks great on wheel wells.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Depends what you like, if you like the glossy look than Armourall is for you. 303 will leave a more natural finish but last longer.

If you already have SG I would just use that if you`ve already got it out for the paint. That`s what I do and just keep the 303 for the interior. AA is too glossy for my tastes.

ZaneO
06-23-2004, 10:44 PM
I apply Armor All to my tires with a tire swipe, and when it dries, it is a very matte look. Not shiny at all.

You might look into Poorboy`s Bold `n` Bright or Natural Look for your textured plastics and rubber.

jstn
06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
for textured trim i would try Poorboys Trim Restorer. it is made for grainy, textured.

imported_Intel486
06-23-2004, 10:49 PM
I mainly think it`s because of the bad reputation AA got. It`s not a water-based formula but I don`t mess around with it too much. Whenever I had it I always used it in the wheel wells but since this thread came around I might see if I have any to try out again. It`s been awhile.

andriver
06-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Try Poorboys Trim Restorer.

BikeFreak
06-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I will give the Poorboy`s a shot.

Inzane
06-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Armor All Original (recent formula) is all I use for tire dressing lately ever since I got my copy of the Guru Reports tire & wheel tests. It works great, and no sling.

But I use 303 & Meg`s #40 for interior.

*Edit: Sorry I guess I missed the main part of your post. I don`t have a favorite for exterior trim yet... :o

Scottwax
06-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Armor All has been reformulated and now is water based. I`ve been using it regularly for about 3 years now. I also use Meguiars #40 as it has a similar sheen but I can get AA anywhere, and I have to go to my Meguiars distributer for #40. When I run out of #40, AA is my default product for both interior and exterior dressing.

SAZMan
06-24-2004, 10:22 AM
I was using AA on my wife`s car, no problems or complaints. I bought 303 for mine because of AA`s poor reputation. I read once that it will damage the dash with long term use. :nixweiss

Bill D
06-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I`m assuming 303 probably has more UV protection and its ingredients that make this possible are probably more expensive to produce resulting in its higher price :(

Lowejackson
06-24-2004, 11:21 AM
It is not my preferred choice but that is only because I prefer a matt finish. I use it every now and then or on my fathers car as he likes the gloss look on plastic.

paco
06-24-2004, 11:24 AM
SAZMan

That was their old formulation. Their new stuff is fine.

However, with that said, I`m still very gunshy about using their products. I probably shouldn`t be but it`s hard to gain back a reputation.

Paco

imported_uflraptor
06-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Back to the original question. How does anyone feel about Bumper Renewer by Pro wax?

Shawn