PDA

View Full Version : washing micro fiber towels?

JHargrave
06-23-2004, 09:04 PM
How do you guys wash microfiber towels?

adjulian
06-23-2004, 09:07 PM
only wash MFs with MFs. Only use liquid detergent - no powders. I like to use Warm/Cold cycle on the washer and throw a cup or so of vinegar into the Rinse cycle as a softener and to get rid of any other residue on the towel. Autopia has a wash specifically for MFs - Sonus der Wunder Wasche. I haven`t tried it yet but I want to soon.

Hope that helps.

roadman
06-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Same process as described below except I use Micro-Restore from Autofiber instead of the liquid detergent. Towels come out great every time.

I let them air dry for a while then pop them in the dryer on very low heat just to fluff them up a bit, NO softener sheets.

lflorack
06-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Tallman

Same process as described below except I use Micro-Restore from Autofiber instead of the liquid detergent. Towels come out great every time.

I`ve just started using the Micro-Restore too. Seems to work really well.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-23-2004, 09:32 PM
If you have any tough stains on the MF just let it soak for a minute in the washer before it spins and rub the towel against itself and they`ll come out quite easily.

johnson
06-24-2004, 12:10 PM
I use Tide Free with no scents.

Raven
06-24-2004, 12:15 PM
I`ve used liquid detergents, Micro-Restore and just tried Sonus der Wunder Wasche from Autopia. Have to say that so far Sonus der Wunder Wasche works the best. I also use a little vinegar in the rinse cycle. MF`s come out really clean and soft.

imported_Macgirl
06-24-2004, 12:34 PM
If used liquid Tide Free and SONUS Der Wunder Wasche (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+ufAdJU+son-550.html+). Both work good at cleaning the towels but the edge goes to the SONUS wasche. When I get the towels out of the washer when I`ve used the Wunder Wasche, they feel great even before drying, no residue and they don`t make any noise like there is still soap in them. When I use the Tide I add white vinegar also in the rinse cycle, works good as a low cost solution.