PDA

View Full Version : My Paints Peeling!!!

BlueRanger
06-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Well it has been, but its getting worse, STUPID FORD!!! Its on my hood now, so I need to stop it. How do I stop the peeling? I wax VERY carefully around the area, but it still peels. I dont care how bad it doesnt match, I just want it to stop. Touch up paint perhaps? Please let me know, thanks

BlueRanger
06-23-2004, 06:10 PM
roof

37buckeye
06-23-2004, 06:27 PM
BlueRanger,

What year is your Ranger? It looks like a newer one, so perhaps warranty?

Have you checked to see if there are any hidden service campaigns for peeling paint?

BradE
06-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Not much you can do with it, just be careful around those areas. The problem resides under the film itself, the surface wasn`t preped properly before the color was shot on. Only way to correct it is a repaint.

BlueRanger
06-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Its a 98, I dont think anythig warrenty can be done, the roof was peeiling at 20K, now its at 50 and on to my hood.....No way to stop it even? I really dont want to repaint, I might be gettin a tundra soon......Would a dealer honor a crap paintjob on a 6 hr old truck?

37buckeye
06-23-2004, 07:00 PM
I did a quick Google search on "Ford peeling paint" and came back with several search results.

Try:

http://www.lemonaidcars.com/secret_warranties.htm

According to that link (scroll down to Ford Paint), Ford usually repaints vehicles for free up to 5 years with no mileage limit. After that, Ford tends to split the cost with the owner.

I think the best place to start may be with your dealer. Be nice, but firm and persistent.

Good luck!

Corey Bit Spank
06-23-2004, 07:53 PM
:( Don`t eat it!

l33
06-23-2004, 09:16 PM
if ford won`t repaint it, try maaco, they usually have good prices and a very quality job.

Maxima Moose
06-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats the first time I ever heard Maaco spoken of positively (aside from their commercials). I think it is the case of you get what you pay for. Just my .02

MM

l33
06-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I haven`t had much experience with them except my friend recently. His back bumper looked like it was wacked with a baseball bat with dents and chips. The front bumper was just as bad. They made each look bumper look absolutely brand new and painted the hood for 700. Not bad in New York, not sure how prices vary in other areas. Have you ever used them? Let me know if you have had any bad experiences, i was considering getting my hood sprayed.

travisdecpn
06-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I have used them and have found that you do in fact get what you pay for. However, if you take good car of the finish it will last for years.