PDA

View Full Version : mr. clean no drying

headtplayer
06-23-2004, 05:38 PM
does that mr. clean no drying car wash really work, and if so does it hurt your paint.

ncal
06-23-2004, 05:56 PM
I`m going to be boring here and suggest searching for the specifics as I forget but the general consensus is that Mr. Clean`s Auto Dry is the suck. However, I am a fan of the magic eraser for random scuff marks.

imported_gsrjedi
06-23-2004, 06:45 PM
I never got it to work completely and dry with no water spots. Also the refill, which is supposed to last 10 washes, only lasted me 2.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-23-2004, 09:43 PM
If you have alot of money and just can`t find a way to spend enough of it then by all means buy it. Otherwise take the nozzle off the hose after you`ve rinsed and soak your car and buy a nice WW and you`ll be done in 10 minutes, actually closer to 5. Mr Clean is a gimmick product they use to maximize their profits. The price of their refills is outright robbery.

jfelbab
06-23-2004, 09:51 PM
I mentioned in another thread that I received one of these as a gift. Didn`t like it much but it did dry without much spotting. I have found a better use for it lately. I use it to clean my thermopane windows and glass patio doors. There it performs exceptionally well.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by jfelbab

I mentioned in another thread that I received one of these as a gift. Didn`t like it much but it did dry without much spotting. I have found a better use for it lately. I use it to clean my thermopane windows and glass patio doors. There it performs exceptionally well.

Actually when you`re done with the Mr Clean buy some Windex window cleaner that you attach to your hose. It works wonders for your windows and glass doors without spots and is like a quarter of the price. That`s one gimmick product that is worth it.

Inzane
06-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Yosemite Dan

buy some Windex window cleaner that you attach to your hose. It works wonders for your windows and glass doors without spots and is like a quarter of the price.

Agreed! :xyxthumbs I was just going to post that until I kept scrolling down and saw your reply. The outdoor windex works great!

Jesstzn
06-23-2004, 10:16 PM

Actually when you`re done with the Mr Clean buy some Windex window cleaner that you attach to your hose. It works wonders for your windows and glass doors without spots and is like a quarter of the price. That`s one gimmick product that is worth it.

Ya it does .. I have a 3 story house and its a god send. The Windex thing that is.

3Dog
06-23-2004, 10:33 PM
My Mr Clean experience...... I dont use their soap..I use sonus or perls etc....soak the car in it and let it loosen everything...wash a usual...after spraying down I do use the rinse cycle, not expecting it to completely dry but to speed up the MF drying time.

i brought the d*mn thing, so I am going to figure out some way to use it.

jfelbab
06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by jfelbab

I have the Windex product that hooks to the hose but the Mr. Clean works much better for me. The Windex always dries with streaks and spots. I always have to squeegee dry and buff the glass with a towel to get rid of them. That`s what prompted me to try the Mr. Clean. Try it yourself and see if it doesn`t work much better than the Windex. I think it`s the de-ionized water rinse that makes this a winner.

You won`t get it to spray higher than one story though.

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Hey you`re not allowed to quote yourself. Isn`t that kinda like giving yourself a driver`s test. :hm ;)

jfelbab
06-24-2004, 08:25 AM

Hey you`re not allowed to quote yourself. Isn`t that kinda like giving yourself a driver`s test. :hm ;)

:LOLOL I must have missed that in the Forum rules. My Bad.:nixweiss