PDA

View Full Version : new here!

mnbv
06-23-2004, 09:30 AM
I just got my first car (see sig) and I can`t stop cleaning it! So of course I end up here. I have researched a lot and came up with this, First wash with eagle one wet car wash and a cotton mitt, Clay Magic clay bar/mother`s clay bar, Meguiar`s #82 SFP, S100 SEC, seal with NXT in that order. Not talking about techniqe yet, I just need to order the right products, then I can worry about techniqe. Is this a good combo of products, can you mention any better? What about using a leaf blower instead of a WW mircofiber to dry?

For the interior there are a few annoying carpet stains. I have used blue coral`s carpet cleaner to no avail. I used a spray bottle with water and paper towels to clean the dust off, then I use formula 2001 (bright green bottle). I don`t especially like it though, it is too slippery for me.

I need to get some detailing brushes for my wheels and for the interior. Also I need to clean the wheel wells. I figure I can just use any brush and use my old car wash water (after done with washing the exterior with it) and scrub away. Any tricks to keep this area clean?

Misc. stuff: My terry cotton cloth towels are linty when new, how do I remove this lint? I put rain-x on my exterior glass and anti-fog on my interior glass. There are still some swirls from it I noticed this morning I have to wipe off. I plan on picking up some eagle one 20/20 glass cleaner also. My uncle got a buffer for Father`s day, he said I could use it if I wanted.

Thats all I can think of right now, any questions you can answer are appreciated, I can`t wait to get polishing/waxing!! :xyxthumbs

ZaneO
06-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I don`t think there is a need for SFP and SEC. 6:1 Water/Woolite solution works well for cleaning anything inside the car.

I would invest in some nice towels from www.pakshak.com. Many brushes, etc. you can find at Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, etc.

Just do lots of reading and find what you think will work best for you. :)

togwt
06-23-2004, 10:59 AM
i-j-c as you will see it’s a ‘very user friendly’ place, the people on this forum are very knowledgeable, and are more than willing to share their knowledge. The one thing that seems to stand out here compared to other special interest forums is a spirit of "open mindednessâ€, it’s not marque or brand specific and no opinion expressed is ‘wrong’ just different.

I’ve put this together to help you ‘find your way around’, it’s a lot of reading but worthwhile.

After reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) that will tell you a bit about our operating procedures (and then Acronyms) Suggest you start at David’s guide (Learn icon – Car Care Topics) and/or (Forum – University) you could also research FAQ (go to Interact-Features-FAQ) or Interact (Search) and then ask your questions on (Forums - University) there are also tips on products under Shop (How-To) plus be sure to check on the discounts available to forum members. And there’s the (Reviews) section that includes the Hall of Fame, where contributing members have posted their evaluation of products.

The Autopia “Guide to detailing eBook†V2.0 (E-Book Subscription) contains 15 chapters and 180 pages packed full of car care `how-to` information and covers most facets of vehicle detailing (best of all, it’s free). If Autopia solves just one of your detailing problems it’s worth the price of admission

"Learn the prep b4 using good products, it will save you $$$ in the long run." hondaguy2582

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*