PDA

View Full Version : scratchx OVER mothers 3 step?

xappie
06-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Hi all

I have been using Mothers 3 step for a while now, and I am quite happy with it. However, I have a few swirls that I can`t get out with the Mothers Sealer and Glaze. I have a tube of Meguiars Scratch X and it seems to work better. Can I use it on TOP of the Mothers 3 step system? How about directly on top of the Sealer and Glaze? Can I put the Mothers Carnauba wax on top of the Scratch X???

Basically I want to know if the Scratch X can be used at any point in the 3-step system. I like to add new layers of s&g and/or wax at various intervals and I would like to add in some Scratch X for those nastier swirls.

Any advice is appreciated!

p.s. if it matters I am doing this all by hand. ;)

forrest@mothers
06-23-2004, 08:10 AM
You`ll need to reapply phases 2 (Sealer and glaze) and 3 (Natural Formula Wax) after using the ScratchX, since it will remove any products on the paint surface.

topnotchtouch
06-23-2004, 08:12 AM
Here is a really good article by Mike Phillips with Meguiars on how to use ScratchX. To repeat what Forrest already said, you would have to reapply both phase 2 and 3 of the Mothers system after using ScratchX as it will remove them.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1516

xappie
06-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the tips... That article is helpful.

I didn`t know that Scratch X was abrassive - I thought it just filled in the swirls. WHich means I have really been using it incorrectly! Although it still seems to work pretty well.