PDA

View Full Version : First time w/ CK products

SonicBlue03
06-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Stripped off the Zaino

Claybar

CK VMWHG

CK MW

It took about 3 hours from start to finish.

The Zaino shine is nice, but there is some quality to the CK look that I can`t quite put my finger on. For now, I`m going to stick with the CK products.

Click Here for the 1600x1200 Version (http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v143/SonicBlue/2003%20Cobra/Cobra1.jpg)

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v143/SonicBlue/2003%20Cobra/Cobra2.jpg

imported_Sullybob
06-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Looks very nice. What happened to your light?

SonicBlue03
06-22-2004, 09:57 AM
It had just finished raining and it actually started raining again right after I took that picture. There`s nothing like waxing your ride and then parking it for the rest of the day.:sosad

At least the weather cooperated for a couple hours.

Oh, you mean my headlight! I thought you meant lack of sunlight. Nothing wrong with it, I guess that`s how it looks from that angle, bad glare.

JaCkaL829
06-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Did you use Carnuaba Moose Wax or just Moose Wax?? If you didn`t use the Carnuaba Moose Wax you should give it a try. Either way your cobra looks hot.

Scottwax
06-22-2004, 05:27 PM
That is a beautiful blue! What color is that, exactly?

I have the same question as Johnny-which Moose Wax? The original (brown) liquid or the (white) carnauba version? Either way though, you can`t argue with how nice your car looks! :up

imported_eggroll
06-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Very sexy :)

03COBRA
06-23-2004, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SonicBlue03

[B]Stripped off the Zaino

Claybar

CK VMWHG

CK MW

The Zaino shine is nice, but there is some quality to the CK look that I can`t quite put my finger on. For now, I`m going to stick with the CK products.

__________________________________________________ __

Boy do we have a lot in common, dumped Zaino for CK! Same combo here and would never go back! Now I`m going to try the VM topped with EX-P, just to test it out!! Nice pics, I wish I could find a cloudy day like that to pics in!! Looks

awesome!! :xyxthumbs

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/bodydroptsonoma/6172004110518PM44811.jpg

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/bodydroptsonoma/66200473143PM67011.jpg

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/bodydroptsonoma/618200492208AM93921.jpg

hirosh
06-23-2004, 01:25 AM
wow, nice work! :xyxthumbs

SonicBlue03
06-23-2004, 08:11 AM
"Sonic Blue" is the color.

I used the Carnuaba Moose Wax.

O4 Cobra, I`m assuming you car is a 2004 model? I thought they only made Sonic Blue cobras in 2003. Unless my eyes are screwy and yours is a Mystichrome. Either way, looks good.

I put on a couple hundred miles this weekend and slapped on a couple thousand bugs to front bumper, so I had to wash her again. I cleaned her up with some CK Quik Shine and was really suprised how well she still looked.

I also used a WW towel for drying for the first time. Amazing, I don`t know how I got along without one before. I still use my Absorber for blotting excess water off the top and around the trunk and door sills where the water pools up.

i-j-c
06-23-2004, 08:16 AM
Fantastic finish on both cars...very nice work.

How easy is the moose to apply/finish ?

a.k.a. Patrick
06-23-2004, 09:16 AM
All CK products are user friendly. The hardest part is getting Everette to either call you back or get an order rolling !

SonicBlue03
06-23-2004, 01:00 PM
When I switched to Zaino last year, I thought they were the easiest products to apply/remove. Now I would definately have to say ClearKote applies and removes easier than Zaino -- without question.

03COBRA
06-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by SonicBlue03

"Sonic Blue" is the color.

I used the Carnuaba Moose Wax.

O4 Cobra, I`m assuming you car is a 2004 model? I thought they only made Sonic Blue cobras in 2003. Unless my eyes are screwy and yours is a Mystichrome. Either way, looks good.

I put on a couple hundred miles this weekend and slapped on a couple thousand bugs to front bumper, so I had to wash her again. I cleaned her up with some CK Quik Shine and was really suprised how well she still looked.

I also used a WW towel for drying for the first time. Amazing, I don`t know how I got along without one before. I still use my Absorber for blotting excess water off the top and around the trunk and door sills where the water pools up.

__________________________________________________ __

It`s an 03, I just used my name from SVTPERFORMANCE.COM! I was going to get an 04, but no Sonic Blue in the 04`s, so I went with an 03! Funny thing I didn`t even think about making my name 03Cobra on here, you make a good point, ohwell! Atleast it`s a Sonic Blue and that`s all that matters!:xyxthumbs

SonicBlue03
06-24-2004, 07:59 AM
O4Cobra, it`s all so clear to me now! I spend quite a bit of time browsing the forums at svtperformance.com as well (under the same name). Couldn`t ask for a better community for our interests.

:up

Well, I just used the same process on an older stang of mine, a black 96 GT. It has minor paint flaws from over the years, including it`s fair share of scratches, chips, etc. I have to hand it to CK for such a quality finish. 2 hours (no claybar this time) from start to finish, I couldn`t be happier with the time spent.

Unfortuanately, it`s supposed to rain again today, and the car spends it`s days parked at a bus stop, so I don`t think I`ll get any quality pics. We`ll see.

04MysticCobra
06-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Nice shots of the Sonic Blue 04Cobra and SonicBlue03. that was my choice of color on the Cobra until I saw the Mystichrome. It has some Blue in it thats close to the Sonic Blue color so I am happy about that. another one here over from SVTperformance. good to see some of you Terminators here at autopia.

Later, 95rcobra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe.