PDA

View Full Version : What`s this stuff?

Fox Curry
06-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Bought a clay kit that had a 16oz bottle of "Quick Detailer Mist And Wipe." Stuff is amazing - by far the best QD I`ve used to date. However, when I do a search, all I get is #66 Quick Detailer, which looks like a polish, not a QD. Have I been drinking too much cough syrup again? Am I really looking at Final Inspection, but under another name? Help!:confused:

Mike_Phillips
06-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Try doing a search only spell the mist and wipe product like this,

Quik Detailer

Drop the little "c" from the word Quik

Mike

Fox Curry
06-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Great! Did the search. Now I know that SEVERAL people are asking the same question! Time to go buy some Z6...

Mike_Phillips
06-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Fox Curry

Bought a clay kit that had a 16oz bottle of "Quick Detailer Mist And Wipe." Stuff is amazing - by far the best QD I`ve used to date.

All Meguiar`s quick detailers work awesome, but thanks for the kind words!

In fact Meguiar`s was the first company to introduce a quick detailer to the market in about 1981. It was called, Trigger Wash

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2TriggerWash.gif

You might try doing a search for Final Detail, people that try this product love it too!

Mike

imported_Larry A
06-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

All Meguiar`s quick detailers work awesome, but thanks for the kind words!

In fact Meguiar`s was the first company to introduce a quick detailer to the market in about 1981. It was called, Trigger Wash

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2TriggerWash.gif

You might try doing a search for Final Detail, people that try this product love it too!

Mike I hate to be a kiljoy but a Company named Car Groom made a QD in the 1970s called Magic Mist

Mike_Phillips
06-22-2004, 09:14 PM
That`s the first I ever heard of that one. I guess it`s always a good idea to be open minded and ready to learn new things.

Maybe Meguiar`s was only the first to introduce a quick detailer to the public? I think it`s safe to say most people don`t know who Car Groom is. Is Magic Mist still around? Has anyone ever tried it?

Thanks for the tidbit of information, in the future, I`ll adjust my positioning. :D

Mike

imported_Larry A
06-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Car Groom was a company that was in Chicago on Archer Ave. They were bought out by U.S.Chemical and Plastics. Last time I heard they where in Canton Ohio. I dont know if they still make any original products any more . The catalog I have is 18 years old .In this catalog their is a lot of new products in addition to the Car Groom stuff. They sold a lot of pro stuff and called themselves " The cosmetic for cars "

Mike_Phillips
06-22-2004, 09:49 PM
I remember seeing Car Groom products in detailing shops back in the late 1980`s in the Oregon, Washington and Idaho territory. Not a lot of it, but I do remember seeing it around.

I know Trigger Wash was one of the last formula`s that Malcolm Meguiar created before his passing. Not the last, but one of the last. He helped out with Gold Class and Medallion Premium Paint Care also.

He was a chemist for over 70 years. I remember him telling me that Trigger Wash was his favorite product.

Mike