PDA

View Full Version : All in one exterrior kit for new car owner

Black04FX4
06-21-2004, 02:49 PM
I bought a brand new Ford F-150 FX4. It is black. I was wondering if anyone could recomend a kit that has things like:

prewax cleaner

polish

wax

big WW drying towels

good sheapskin wash mit

terry detail towls

foam applicator pads

anything else

How should I prep the new paint. Unfortunately the porters got to the paint before I did and detailed my truck. I really dont see any swirl marks tho. Whats a good wax for black?

Glossequation
06-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Black04FX4

I bought a brand new Ford F-150 FX4. It is black. I was wondering if anyone could recomend a kit that has things like:

prewax cleaner

polish

wax

big WW drying towels

good sheapskin wash mit

terry detail towls

foam applicator pads

anything else

How should I prep the new paint. Unfortunately the porters got to the paint before I did and detailed my truck. I really dont see any swirl marks tho. Whats a good wax for black?

Welcome to Autopia--

Meguiar`s makes a couple of different kits, but honestly you are better off doing a few searches to see what folks are using on new cars and buying separately from a couple different vendors. I have had great experiences with Autopia`s shop (quick and cheap shipping!!) and also with my local auto body supply store. Finally, without seeing the condition of your paint, it is difficult to tell you what you need. I do know that Meg`s #26, #16 and S100 will all do well on black as a LSP.

imported_Macgirl
06-21-2004, 03:52 PM
The Autopia Store (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+ufAdJU+car-care-kits.html+) has some good kits at a bit of a savings over purchasing items individually. Check out the Performance Wash Kit to get started. Great place to start out shopping. :xyxthumbs