PDA

View Full Version : P21S / S100 Product Lines

Trotsky
06-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I know that the similarities between the S100 / P21S Carnauba waxes have been discussed in length, i.e. S100 Vs P21s (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37821&highlight=S100+P21S), but what about the rest of the lines? Are they also supposed to be very similar, or identical products?

The other day, I went into a Harley-Davidson shop to check out their products and there were a number of S100 products that in packaging looked very similar to their P21S equivalents. Off the top of my head, they had the Paintwork Cleaning Lotion, Wheel Cleaner, some all purpose cleaner and the auto shampoo - all sold under the S100 name.

Trotsky
06-20-2004, 03:23 PM
S100 Wheel Cleaner... will try this out later today :D

NozeBleedSpeed
06-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Ive never tried the S100 wheel cleaner but I have tried the P21S wheel cleaner. They really brag that this cleaner is among the safest available. I never had any problem with cleaner damaging any wheels or even staining uncoated aluminum wheels. The only problem that I see with it, is that its so safe that it doesnt really do much cleaning either. Let us know if S100 is similar.

;)

roadman
06-20-2004, 03:42 PM
I would imagine that the S100 wheel cleaner is the mildest on the market. Harleys have a Gates belt that is wound around the rear wheel. That rubber/composite belt would be eaten alive by to harsh of a cleaner.

imported_perry
06-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

The only problem that I see with it, is that its so safe that it doesnt really do much cleaning either. Let us know if S100 is similar.

;)

I found it was rather mild as well - the S100 version that is. I let it sit for about 15 - 20 minutes, sprayed off with the concentrated spray from my hose (I think the bottle recommends this), and I wasn`t all that impressed. I still had to go over some places to get the grime off. My favorite method of cleaning my wheels is still just normal car wash soap. Coat of wax / sealant and the dust comes off pretty easily. Did you get a chance to try it out Trotsky?

I do like the S100 Shine Enhancing Paint Cleaner. No idea if it`s the same as the P21S version since I haven`t tired it (P21S that is).

jimmybuffit
06-20-2004, 09:08 PM
I`m not really sure of your question.

But, just from the packaging,what would make you think that they are different products?

It is all the same. Try to ignore the maketing and distribution hype.

Jim

Trotsky
06-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Before:

The wheel hadn`t been cleaned since it was bought 6 years ago. I sprayed on the S100 Wheel Cleaner and let it sit for 20-25 minutes, then scrubbed with a wheel brush. Finally, I rinsed it with a strong stream of water.

Trotsky
06-20-2004, 11:02 PM
After:

It got off some of the dust, but there`s still a lot of really hard caked on dust. Any ideas for the next step?

ncal
06-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Well as others mentioned P21S wheel cleaner is very, very mild. You want to use something more aggressive to break up tougher grime. I also like to use old clay for my wheels. You`ll be surprised what it will take off from the wheel.

SilverLexus
06-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Trotsky,

Welcome to the forum. My previous Lexus had an Oyster Pearl finish - beautiful color!

I generally use either P21S or Eagle`s A2Z which won a shootout at GuruReports. I find A2Z to be stronger so you might try that.

UtahX
06-21-2004, 09:52 AM
I would wonder if something like CLR would do the job.