PDA

View Full Version : WHat kind of hose attachment?

NorcalZ71
06-20-2004, 01:21 PM
i know we all like to use the open hose to sheet the water off our cars, but does anyone use an attachment too? my problem is with my truck and suburban being so big, i cannot dry it fast enough to avoid spots, but to be able to constantly keep it wet i have to leave the hose on, or run back and forth turning it on and off. how do you guys go about it?

dcswd
06-20-2004, 01:31 PM
you can get a shut off valve that would attach to the end of the hose. So you can "turn it off" right there. You could also freely attach different attachments onto the shut off valve as well.

Hope this makes sense :)

ALAN81
06-20-2004, 01:37 PM
I wish I could tell you the name of thew attachment I use but I can`t.The only thing I could tell you is if you look at the GRIOTS GARAGE catalog they have one in there for about $70 dollars.I use a copy of that from HOME DEPOT and it goes for around 6 dollars. It has many different mists and sprays and I use waterfall

maecrispy
06-20-2004, 01:37 PM
I use a few things. I have a shut-off valve at the end of my hose. Get a good quality one like the Craftsman one at Sears. The platic/brass ones at Home Depot/Lowes are tpyically not that good.

I also use quick disconnects (again from Sears) to quickly attach and detach my nozzle (Ultimate Nozzle by Bon-Air although Sears sells the exact same thing, just re-branded) and my soap foam gun (http://store.yahoo.com/easonr/showerfoamgun.html).

The Ultimate nozzle is a must as it puts out a lot of water in almost any spray pattern you could want including one that`s good for final rinse soaking (basically equivalent to open hose) that allows water to sheet off for quick drying.

blazer95
06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I have a quick connect on the hose, so I can change attachments easily. I take my nozzle off and attach a three foot section of hose with a shut off valve. It`s just a cut off scrap hose.

blazer95

ckon
06-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Hello everybody.

My name`s Chuck Konarske and I`ve been lurking around Autopia off and on for quite a while, but you are all so knowledgeable on all things automotive that I`ve never really had anything I could offer - until now.

Here`s a neat little tool that I came up with about ten years ago that basically does everything we need to do when we wash our cars. It can be made for just a couple of bucks and a scrap piece of hose. It doesn`t require any additional shut-off, you can get a hard stream just by squeezing the hose end, it saves water and makes rinsing and wetting a breeze.

I can`t really explain just how perfectly it works, at least for me, but get yourself a nozzle with a screw thread on it and a piece of scrap hose and see how great it works for yourselves. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.

PS: There are a couple more pics at the link below.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/4330FC457CEB068

Let me know if you have any questions and thanx for all the things I`ve learned from this forum.

http://www.fototime.com/{F364BD15-5EAD-4033-85AE-A5C880792602}/picture.JPG

dcswd
06-20-2004, 08:00 PM
very nice setup there ckon. That looks a lot easier to use than a standard shut off valve. Nice name you created for it :D

ckon
06-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by dcswd

very nice setup there ckon. That looks a lot easier to use than a standard shut off valve. Nice name you created for it :D

Thanx. One of my friends coined the name a long time ago.

It works so well that I really wanted to manufacture the thing, but it`s so simple that anybody can make one in five minutes, sooo...... Not much money to be made there! :D

Chuck

NorcalZ71
06-20-2004, 11:13 PM
thanks for the replies guys. i was figuring the shutoff valve was the weapon of choice, just wanted to find out. ill have to go pick one of those up, sounds like a good investment