PDA

View Full Version : What wash mitt?

dpreuss
06-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Well, now that I am almost 90% swirl free, I was just wondering what wash mitt i should use to keep it that way. I was using the Black Magic chenille wash sponge that you can get at wal-mart, but IDK about the quality. What do you guys think I should use? I was hoping I could buy somthing OTC, and not have to order it. Any ideas? Thanks.

MattZ28
06-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Lambswool. Target has some, just try to get the softest and most plush one you can find. ;)

imported_eggroll
06-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Eurow brand sheepskin mitts are pretty good, I got mine at Autozone but I saw some at walmart and heard costco sells packages of three.

stilez
06-19-2004, 11:46 PM
I like using Soft Cotton Chenille Wash Pads.

I usually find the ones I like best at either Wal-Mart or PepBoys. I have been using the Turtle Wax ones with good results, but am ordering the ones from PremiumAutoCare.com to check out how I like them in comparison.

Whether Chenille or Lambswool, the key is to getting a good washing routine down. Check out the "Learn" icon up top for an excellent washing article.

imported_perry
06-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

I like using Soft Cotton Chenille Wash Pads.

I usually find the ones I like best at either Wal-Mart or PepBoys. I have been using the Turtle Wax ones with good results

Just bought one of those Turtle Wax pads this week, feels like a pillow! Going to give it a try tomorrow :up

Wandered in to the car care section at Target tonight and noticed they had quite a selection of pads and mitts... wool, chenille, microfiber.. I was kinda impressed.

blackmagicwrx
06-20-2004, 01:08 AM
i second the Eurow brand sheepskin... very soft! let them bloom at the top of the rinse bucket (they float) and they just drop the dirt to the bottom.

i like the viking brand cotton pads too but they are larger and i find a bit more combersome to work with.

ALAN81
06-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Any quality Sheepskin mitt(I dont put my hand inside I use it like a sponge with my hand on top)NOTHING BETTER IMO and I used them all

Wasatch
06-20-2004, 07:35 AM
I got the Meg`s Spun Gold Wash Mitt. Looks and feels very soft an plush, but I`ve not used it yet. Nice price as well.

Mr Concours
06-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Just bought the Megs Ultimate microfibre wash mitt,will post when I`ve used it.

I have been using a cotton chenille with good results,the `key` to cutting down on swirls is to wash in a back/forth motion like you wax/polish and to not let the car get too dirty before you wash it.

And use the two bucket method:xyxthumbs

ResidualFreedom
06-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Mr Concours

And use the two bucket method:xyxthumbs

That is the best advice mentioned yet... I have actually found washing off the wash mit with a hose and a spray nozzle, wring it out, into the clean bucket of water, wring it out, and then into the soapy water bucket, works amazing!! I washed four cars, I refilled the "clean water bucket" once and never had to change the soapy water bucket.. Even after all four cars the water was still clear as when I started.. Great advice...

ResidualFreedom
06-20-2004, 08:16 AM

luvthong
06-21-2004, 05:11 PM
I use miro fiber towel to wash my car now, and also use the two buckets system.