PDA

View Full Version : Good Vacuum for Personal Use

linhsy
06-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Need your advice on what is the good Personal-Use-Vacuum which I can purchase at local store?

Please! include the model & store`s name

BTW, should I choose the one with blower option?

Thanks in advance !

Linhsy

Rainbow
06-21-2004, 07:26 AM
I will check what mine is...we just bought it and it is excellent. They had an option to buy the mini tool kit...it is great for the small areas that you can`t reach with the tools that come with it. I need to bring it up to take care of my computer and keyboard anyway...I will post everything for you.:xyxthumbs

Rainbow
06-21-2004, 09:00 AM
This thing has the power for a small vac. Bought it at Lowes.

Shop Vac Brand Quiet Series Model # 90S200

Catlog # 9300211

Item # 215726

2.5 Gallon 2.0HP

Anything else you need off the box let me know. We store it in the box because we travel with it.

kartoon
06-21-2004, 09:48 AM
I use a Ridgid wet/dry vac. The one I have is not exactly personal but I use it for many things around the house. Works really well, has many accessories available and comes in various sizes.

BTW, purchased at Home Depot.

linhsy
06-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all replies. I finally got the Ridgid WD4050 Portable Vacuum 4 gallon and 5 hp. It works great for my taste. It has the blower port. Is the blower feature of this machine good?

It also includes the Diffuser Mufler but I don`t know what it is for? any idea?

thanks All.

kartoon
06-21-2004, 04:02 PM
I have the 12-gallon one and it looks like yours has the same motor.

It`s very powerful - it was actually sucking up some of my tools.

From what I remember the muffler is attached to the blower output while vacuuming to reduce noise - kind of like a car muffler.

I never used one so I can`t comment on its effectiveness. However all the accessories are very usefull.

linhsy
06-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kartoon

From what I remember the muffler is attached to the blower output while vacuuming to reduce noise - kind of like a car muffler.

I never used one so I can`t comment on its effectiveness. However all the accessories are very usefull.

:D :D .. Did it actually swallow your wallet? :D :D

Your explanation about what the Diffuser Mufler is used for is reasonable I will give it a try. I have to wear the earplug when vacuuming. It will be great if that what it is for.

thanks!

linhsy
06-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by kartoon

:D :D .. Did it actually swallow your wallet? :D :D

Your explanation about what the Diffuser Mufler is used for is reasonable I will give it a try. I have to wear the earplug when vacuuming. It will be great if that what it is for.

thanks!