PDA

View Full Version : Waxpolish Soft Topped with Glanz Wax

andriver
06-19-2004, 06:35 AM
As the title implies, does anyone top Waxpolish Soft with Glanz Wax. Any benefit or problem?

jmsc
06-19-2004, 07:40 PM
I`m currently awaiting my shipment from Detailers P. My LSP is always, did I say always, a wax like P21 or McCall`s or Soveran or a polymer sealant like FMJ or NXT or Glanz.

Just curious, how do you like the WP?

andriver
06-20-2004, 10:11 AM
I am also waiting for my shipment from Detailers Paradise. I ordered WP and Glass Polish. I usually use MP or PP & Glanz Wax.

andriver
06-29-2004, 10:00 AM
For anyone that is interested, I emailed Einszett and received this reply:

Hello Andrew,

There are never any problems using our products in conjunction with one

another or other products for that matter.

Glanz Wax applied over any finish will give the finish the most

durability. So, `yes`, if you do put Glanz Wax over Waxpolish Soft you

will get the most durability which typically is about 4-6 months.

All the best,

Chris

Support @ einszett North America

imported_Macgirl
06-29-2004, 12:27 PM
andriver,

If you haven`t used Glaspolish before you are going to love it. I got the 100 ml from Autopia Car Care and it is really good stuff. Nice strong chemical cleaner that`ll cut through anything. I guess you`ve got the factory tinted windows? Those buggers are awful at water spotting and retaining residue. The einszett cleaned them up without having to resort to #0000 steel wool, like I had to do with the Autoglym Glass Polish.

Let us know what you think about the WaxPolish Soft. I want to get some but haven`t taken the plunge. I`m sure the Glanz over it will look great.

tom p.
06-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by andriver

As the title implies, does anyone top Waxpolish Soft with Glanz Wax. Any benefit or problem?

been there, done that. It works real well. You should have no concerns. I am a recent WPS convert - - great product!

if you haven`t worked with the Glanz wax before, it`s a little unusual. It has a viscosity similar to water and is very easy to apply ...so easy you begin to wonder if something is wrong :p

Not to worry, you`ll get a dramatic, wet gloss and admirable longevity.

Enjoy!

andriver
06-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Macgirl, I used Glaspolish this past Saturday. Great stuff.

Tom, I have been using Glanz for about a year and I agree, it is so easy to use and it leaves a wet gloss.

I am waiting for my bottle of Lackfinish to try out.

imported_Macgirl
06-29-2004, 02:48 PM
You`ll love the Lackfinish!

andriver
07-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Here`s a link to review I posted in the Product Discussion Forum http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=380093#post380093

imported_Malachi
07-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by andriver

For anyone that is interested, I emailed Einszett and received this reply:

Hello Andrew,

There are never any problems using our products in conjunction with one

another or other products for that matter.

Glanz Wax applied over any finish will give the finish the most

durability. So, `yes`, if you do put Glanz Wax over Waxpolish Soft you

will get the most durability which typically is about 4-6 months.

All the best,

Chris

Support @ einszett North America

I am a little dissatisfied with this answer. "There are never any problems using our products in conjunction with one another..."

I guess if he means that there is no adverse chemical reaction, yes but, I would not apply PP over MP. There may be problems in application of one over the other but that is not addressed.

Question is: does GW remove the WPS, or does it seal it?

Saying that they work great together does not answer the question in my opinion. GW makes everything look great but does it seal in that carnuba/depth look or does it just replace it with it own?

I have posed that question to Einszett with no response, maybe somebody already knows or can get the question answered.

bigltc
07-21-2004, 04:16 PM
I think WPS as a stand alone product will last about 2 months. Glanz wax will last up to 6 months. Prepare your surface with WPS and seal with Glanz to make it last.

imported_Malachi
07-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by bigltc

I think WPS as a stand alone product will last about 2 months. Glanz wax will last up to 6 months. Prepare your surface with WPS and seal with Glanz to make it last.

Right, I am just wondering if Glanz will remove WPS.

bigltc
07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Glanz will not remove WPS. Glanz will be a top coat.

LOTA OT
07-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by bigltc

Glanz will not remove WPS. Glanz will be a top coat.

I don`t know about this. GW has tons of solvents in it. I`d suspect it would remove, or greatly decrease most anything you put it over. Not to say that the polish in WPS wouldn`t give it that extra pop before GW, just that the carnuba in the WPS might be removed.

Michael

imported_garyo
07-22-2004, 09:49 AM
The solvent content of Glanz is an interesting question. Mike @ Einszett has stated the solvent is used as a "transporter" for the synthetic wax and gave the suggestion that the Glanz could be sprayed onto the surface, thereby greatly reducing the solvents that reach the finish. Allegedly much of the solvents will evaporate when sprayed/misted onto the surface.