PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Leather Conditioner

Accumulator
06-18-2004, 11:42 AM
YoSteve asked about Pinnacle`s leather conditioner- It works fine, maybe nothing special, but there`s sure nothing wrong with it. It is sorta light/thin for a "creamy" leather conditioner, if that makes any sense. It`s not gel-like, not watery. It spreads easily, soaks in fine, and leaves a slightly shiny (but not *too* shiny) sheen. It gives the right look in my Audis, for instance. It lasts pretty long and doesn`t wear badly (no huge, immediate differences between areas that get touched and areas that don`t). It smells like a leather-goods shop and doesn`t start smelling "off" after a few days. It works best over previously cleaned leather, but it`ll do a little light cleaning all by itself. If applying to perforated leather, I`d apply it to my hands first, and then rub my hands against the leather so as not to get too much in the holes.

All-in-all, it`s a good product. One of my few leather-care staples. I use it on more than just automotive leather.

imported_Greg
06-18-2004, 01:48 PM
I will agree with Accum here. I really like it for the smell, and it does a great job with all leathers I have used it on. Maybe a little too shiny on some leathers, others it is fine. It applies easily and doesn`t streak. It smells really good like I said and the smell lasts for a while. I used it on my baseball gloves and on my leather sofa, both of which turned out really well. Overall, I would give the nod to Z10 over this product because, while they smell the same, Z10 IMO gives a bit more softness to leather, and is a bit easier to apply. Z10 dries completely matte, no shine compared to Pinnacle. Both products get two thumbs up for me, just maybe the fingernail on the Z10 side is a bit longer. HAHA

SK2003TypeS
06-18-2004, 03:44 PM
I`ve been using Pinnacle`s Cleaner & Conditioner lately (not the straight conditioner). Same results, sheen but not shiney. Keeps my leather soft. As for the smell, sometimes it smells good, sometimes it`s a little off. But I think that`s because my interior air filter hasn`t been changed. I`ll get another bottle when this one is done.