PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Accent Dressing

Rainbow
06-18-2004, 07:14 AM
Anyone try Meguiars Accent Dressing in the spray can?

overtheedge
06-18-2004, 07:18 AM
UPS just delivered 3 cans to me yesterday. If the weather cooperates, I will be trying it today. I can get back to you if someone hasn’t chimed in by then

Rainbow
06-18-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks overtheedge! :xyxthumbs

topnotchtouch
06-18-2004, 08:32 AM
I got a chance to try it during the Autopia Detail Day at Meguiars. I was very impressed with the stuff. What I like about it is you spray it on the trim without having to worry about getting it on the paint as it wipes off easily without leaving any kind of residue on the paint. Can`t speak to durability but, I just received two cans and will be testing it on the Mustang.

wash-girl
06-18-2004, 10:34 AM
If anyone could offer a comparison between it and Stoner`s Trim Shine spray, that would be much appreciated.

thinksnow
06-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Meg`s Accent Dressing v. Trim Shine

-less shine--more matte appearance

-NOT SLIPPERY--great for plastic running boards

-durability is similar

I`m surprised no one ever talks about the stuff more. I like it:up

Originally posted by ZJ JIM 96

If anyone could offer a comparison between it and Stoner`s Trim Shine spray, that would be much appreciated.

wash-girl
06-18-2004, 12:15 PM
thinksnow--

Thanks for the quick reply with that comparison. Though I`ve never used Megs Accent Dressing spray, I have used many of their other trim products, including #38, 39, 40, NXT Protectant, GC Trim Detailer, DashFoam etc.

Megs Accent Dressing sounds pretty good, but I kind of like the shine factor of trim products, especially since half my Jeep is "trim."

Thanks again.

--Jim

thinksnow
06-18-2004, 01:16 PM
I can understand that. I got interested in it when thinking of potential customers sliding out of their Tahoe/Suburban:D

The ZJ would look better with a bit of shine so it can at least resemble your well-prepped paint.

overtheedge
06-18-2004, 03:02 PM
The main reason I bought it was to dress wheel wells. Just used it today. Looks great.