PDA

View Full Version : I`m getting a headache, help me get started

joestang
06-17-2004, 11:38 PM
I`ve been on the web for almost 3 hours now just doing research on detailing products. There is just so much out there and so many varying opinions, including this site, that I am stuck. I dont want to have to use an orbital because I`m afraid of swirls. I just need a list of waxing/claying/polishing products that work best and are easy to use.

I`m tempted to just get the Zaino kit because it basically looks like it has everything I need, but some people dont like Zaino and I dont feel like spending 8 hours to get my car clean.

Whats everybody`s favorite combo of products or kits to get a great shine that doesnt take all weekend to do? :nixweiss

scottabir
06-18-2004, 02:11 AM
Get a good cleaner wax such as Meg`s #6.

RO`s dont cause swirls unless you got dirt on your pad...it is the rotary`s you have to watch out for swirls.

If you are doing this by hand I would suggest going with the einzsett (1Z) polishes, they seem to be the most user "hand" friendly.

1Z PP by hand + MP + wax topper of your choice with wash maybe 4 hours of your time??? dont know how fast or hard you work soo... your time mary vary...greatly.

autoweenie
06-18-2004, 02:34 AM
$0.02 from another neophyte like me...

Does not sound like you want to spend a liitle of time on this.

I would do:

1. Gold class wash.

2. Clay

3. ScratchX (or 1Z PP/MP)

4. NXT

5. WAUD (3:1 dilution as QD)

Vinylex for interior

Wheel cleaner and tire dressing of your choice.

All this you can get at Walmart or Target.

Step 3 will be tricky - this can be tedious without

some sort of machine (IMO). Also, I could not find 1Z locally - but it is

good stuff.

Without step 3, you probably can do it in 3-4 hours max.

Lowejackson
06-18-2004, 06:36 AM
I dont want to have to use an orbital because I`m afraid of swirls

On the contrary, a PC will help remove swirls. To add swirls with a PC would take some effort. As long as the paint and the pads are clean - you wont have a problem. A PC will also speed up the whole process of getting your car to look great.