PDA

View Full Version : Megs #82 vs. Megs #9

325iSBimmer
06-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Meg`s #82 Body Shop Proffesional Swirl Free Polish and Megs #9 Swirl Remover are both rated on the bottle as having the same abbraisiveness in them. What is the difference then? Is it even noticeable? which one is more recomended?

here (http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TTW453.html)

topnotchtouch
06-18-2004, 06:28 AM
I think most will agree that #82 is slightly more agressive than #9.

Prometheus
06-18-2004, 09:58 AM
I thought it was the other way around... but i dunno

Accumulator
06-18-2004, 11:47 AM
rjstaaf has it right, the #82 is more aggressive, the better to deal with modern (hard) clearcoats. It`s not a huge difference, but it`s there. Generally, I`d say that most people find the "80s" series Meg`s products a little easier to use than their earlier "Mirror Glaze" line equivalents.

325iSBimmer
06-18-2004, 12:11 PM
thanx guys...I just picked up some 82 along with 83 DACP

ACURA95
06-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I spoke with meguiars and they said #9 is really meant to use with a rotary. Does that make sense

tguil
06-18-2004, 05:35 PM
From Mequiar`s On-Line catalog....

" ....Swirl Remover (#9) --- A cleaner and a polish in one bottle. If, much to your dismay, you notice swirl marks, tiny scratches or other mild defects, you`ll appreciate our ultra-safe Swirl Remover. This amazing product will carefully eliminate those annoying problems-whether applied by hand, or using a machine buffer/polisher. While Swirl Remover is gently cleaning, it`s also polishing, leaving a dramatic, high-gloss shine. It`s even formulated to reduce splatter and make application and wipe-down easier. For use by hand, orbital buffer, dual action polisher or rotary buffer..... "

Tom:cool:

Accumulator
06-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ACURA95

I spoke with meguiars and they said #9 is really meant to use with a rotary. Does that make sense

Grrr, I`ve spoken with Mike Phillips about this before. Meg`s phone reps say all sorts of inaccurate, stupid things. No, #9 is not a rotary-only product, as tguil`s cut-and-paste shows.

I find it incredible that Meguiar`s *STILL* hasn`t done something about the nonsense their phone reps disseminate :rolleyes:

If you happen to have the name of the person who said "rotary only", I`d PM Mike and fill him in. The "higher-ups" at Meg`s recognize that this sort of thing is bad for business.