PDA

View Full Version : Stains on polished aluminum wheels, help!

joestang
06-17-2004, 11:10 PM
I have a set of American Racing Torq thrust II`s on my mustang. They have a polished aluminum lip and chrome spokes. I went to a road course event about 3 weeks and got some dirt on the wheels from going off course. That weekend I moved and the car sat for about 2 weeks before I was able to wash it. I now have spots that seem to be embedded into ONLY the aluminum lip. The water spots & dirt came off the chrome easily. I already tried Mothers mag aluminum polish and it helped get rid of the dirt, but there is a stain leftover where the dirt was.

This is the 2nd set of the same wheels that I`ve had and the old ones also ended up with spots on the aluminum. I`m gonna be very pissed if my bvrand new wheels are stained permanently from nothing more than dirt getting on them. :mad:

Any tips/products on how to get them clean and spot free again? :nixweiss

Andrew ACR 2
06-18-2004, 12:06 AM
try the billit aluminum polish on them. I find that it is the best alum polish that i have used.:wavey

rickindy
06-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Second the Mother`s Billet Polish.

Sounds like you have some brake dust that`s been fused as a result of the roud course event. After you get the polished, put some wax on them and they`ll be fine.