PDA

View Full Version : My Klasse vs. Wolfgang test. I`m so on the fence

Pages : [1] 2

s2skimon
06-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Overall I think my Klasse Twins offer a better "wetter looking finish" than WolfGang Twins

I had torn it down and applied Wolfgang Twins last week. (All PC of course) 2 coats. why ? much to hype of

all the WolfGang talk I`ve been reading.

However, throughout this week, i`ve taken good looks at my finish, applied the WolfGang QD when possible and feel that my Klasse maintained a more "wetter looking finish"

My Wolfgang has also lost it "silky" smooth feel. It`s soft, but not as soft as it was when I removed my 2nd coat.

It can see that Wolfgang has a more carnuba "shine" vs. a polymer shine to it.

Overall, I`m not enthralled by Wolfgang as I originally was..

Anyone else out there experience this ? feel the same ?

I do have some pics I`ll share later ..

But I`M SOOOOOoo on the fence about this..

Thanks

m

schoi
06-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Personally, I`m kind of liking a cross between the two. The most recent thing I did: DACP, then AIO + Wolfgang`s sealant. So easy to use, buffs away easily, awesomely smooth... I don`t know about its durability, but you`re right in that it has a more fluid look to it. For me, I`d use it more than I would SG just because it`s that much easier, but that`s just me.

tom p.
06-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Longevity !

:up

imported_BretFraz
06-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by montoya

Overall I think my Klasse Twins offer a better "wetter looking finish" than WolfGang Twins

I had torn it down and applied Wolfgang Twins last week. (All PC of course) 2 coats. why ? much to hype of

all the WolfGang talk I`ve been reading.

However, throughout this week, i`ve taken good looks at my finish, applied the WolfGang QD when possible and feel that my Klasse maintained a more "wetter looking finish"

My Wolfgang has also lost it "silky" smooth feel. It`s soft, but not as soft as it was when I removed my 2nd coat.

It can see that Wolfgang has a more carnuba "shine" vs. a polymer shine to it.

Overall, I`m not enthralled by Wolfgang as I originally was..

Anyone else out there experience this ? feel the same ?

I do have some pics I`ll share later ..

But I`M SOOOOOoo on the fence about this..

Thanks

m

Yep, but I was never on the fence. An easy determination and analysis for me.

ntoddalbert
06-17-2004, 04:06 PM
I was impressed with Wolfgang the first time I used it but found the durabilty to be extremely poor for a synthetic. I have waxes that lasted much longer....

It is in my wheels product catagory now, with my NXT/ClearKote and various other products I dont like. Of course your milage may and more that likely will vary...

I have vowed after this exp to never again buy a new sealant/wax until the board has had at least 60 days to play with it.

tom p.
06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
I`d say it is an excellent product for someone willing to re-wax every ~6 weeks and I know a lot of people do. It is also a pleasure to work with.

roadman
06-17-2004, 04:41 PM
My WG is now reserved for the bike, WG lasts quite a long time in the garage and it looks good as well.

slov98
06-17-2004, 07:09 PM
great I just bought WG,I hope I didn`t waste $20, my expectations are now low, it could be a good thing

Inzane
06-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

It is in my wheels product catagory now, with my NXT/ClearKote and various other products I dont like.

If you don`t mind, can you share with me/us what`s NOT in your wheel product catagory? I`m just curious to see, if you didn`t like Wolfgang, NXT and Clearkote (I`m assuming the Carnauba Moose?), what do you have that you DID like to compare against those...

Thanks. :xyxthumbs

ntoddalbert
06-17-2004, 08:02 PM
I have to agree with Tom, WG is easy to work with, I didnt mention that, I still dont think its a good product. Sealants should last longer than S100 no?.

Jason, are you asking what I like? if so I like S100/P21S, Love Souveran, Klasse aio and SG. Not to leave out 1Z. I dont want to pee on anyones parade about NXT, Wolfgang, I just feel that as sealants they both failed it the most important feature a sealant offers, durability...

I also feel like NXT was misrepresented here and that a lot of BS`ing was done intentionaly. I dont think im alone in that belief by my PM`s Only time will tell.

As for Moose wax, without apologizing, that product was (in my opinion again) the absolute worst

s2skimon
06-17-2004, 09:45 PM

I have to agree with Tom, WG is easy to work with, I didnt mention that, I still dont think its a good product. Sealants should last longer than S100 no?.

Jason, are you asking what I like? if so I like S100/P21S, Love Souveran, Klasse aio and SG. Not to leave out 1Z. I dont want to pee on anyones parade about NXT, Wolfgang, I just feel that as sealants they both failed it the most important feature a sealant offers, durability...

I also feel like NXT was misrepresented here and that a lot of BS`ing was done intentionaly. I dont think im alone in that belief by my PM`s Only time will tell.

As for Moose wax, without apologizing, that product was (in my opinion again) the absolute worst

yes , extremely easy to work with and that is not making my decision any easier :D

s2skimon
06-17-2004, 09:50 PM
I`m going out on a limb to say that I think my WG leaves more of the "salad oil" finish and my Klasse leaves it "wet looking"

SergC
06-17-2004, 10:59 PM

I agree with FG,I would just add Zaino to the list.

Serg

Carl Anderson
06-18-2004, 07:51 AM
I have Klasse on 2 of my vehicles, and now have Wolfgang on my Jet Black M3. I would have to agree that based on putting the sealants on, it would seem like Klasse would be more durable. It seems like you are putting down a plastic layer. Wolfgang is more like the experience of P21S; simple to apply and remove. I do really like the look of Wolfgang, and did my neighbors silver grey M3 using Wolfgang over AIO. This we both felt was better than than the P21S we used last time, and that looked fantastic.

My next experiment will be to use the Wolfgang over AIO on my BMW and see if I like this better than Wolfgang over the Wolfgang polish. And perhaps this is a more durable combination.

I`m not sure how durable AIO is as a stand alone product, but it is sold as a one step product and seems to do well all alone on my rims.

Sveta
06-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Applied VM+EX-P+#16 and on another IP+FP+WG+S100 a few days apart. It`s been about a month and three NXT washes later and I believe the EX-P looks as good as day one but WG seems to have a "thinner" look to it. It beaded OK but has lost something but I can`t be sure just yet. I have no doubt the EX-P/#16 looks as good as day 1. Not much help in comparing with AIO but I wanted to echo the doubts about WG. I second the comment about comparing WG to S100 as that was my exact thought yesterday as I QD`ed. "Is this stuff lasting?" Perhaps #16 is giving the EX-P an unfair advantage over WG?

I also confess I had been avoiding AIO,:nixweiss. I don`t know why.

I`m getting some because that`s what others like with FMJ. :o